The ZIDOO X9S features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures. It supports a wider color spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit color, amounting to 1.06 billion colors, instead of the 16 million offered by older 8-bit color technologies, therefore, the gradations between shades and different tones on onscreen content present a far greater degree of realism.
- 1 Design & Connections:
- 2 Finally, check out our other Zidoo TV box Reviews
Design & Connections:
The casing of the Zidoo X9S is made from aircraft-grade aluminum which is described as smoke colored by the manufacturer but we’ll stick with dark grey. In any case (no pun intended), it’s a relatively attractive device for this sector and, as well as being durable and presumably aerodynamic, it’s pleasingly resistant to picking up greasy fingerprint marks, although it still attracts its fair share of dust. It also stays nice and cool in operation so it’s well engineered, too, and shouldn’t overheat easily. The supplied remote is nothing like as well built, alas, with a predictably lightweight, plastic finish and limited mouse pointer functionality although the box responds quickly to it and the infra-red range and ‘directionality’ are acceptably long and broad (3m/55ish degrees L/R).
Zidoo X9S TV Box Review
The X9S is a well-connected device with inputs and outputs located at the rear and on the right-hand side. There’s a Gigabit LAN port, an HDMI 2.0a/HDCP 2.2 out and, interestingly, an HDMI input alongside a more archaic, all-purpose (composite video/stereo audio) 3.5mm AV Out. You also have a digital optical (S/PDIF) audio output, a pin-sized hole to access a reset button and an input for the 12V (UK plug) power supply. The side-mounted connections comprise two USB 2.0 ports, one USB 3.0 port, and a SATA 3.0 port. The X9S is also Bluetooth 4.0 capable and supplied with two Wi-Fi antennas, that are nearly 20cm long and provide dual-band (2.4/5GHz) capability up to 802.11ac. The other notable design features are a VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) at the front and a ‘hard’ On/Off switch to the rear.
Zidoo X9S Hardware
Zidoo X9S TV Box Review
The X9S is the first TV box to come packed with a Realtek RTD1295 64-bit processor. It’s a quad-core processor based on Cortex A53 architecture and paired with an octa-core Mali-T820 MP3 GPU. Beside this the Zidoo X9S sports a 2GB of DDR3 RAM and 16GB of eMMC internal memory. This means this Android-based TV box comes with powerful hardware features, but I guess many users would like to see the 32GB internal memory. On the other hand, there is a SATA interface, which means you can connect your SATA hard drive or SSD flash to it and use the box as you like. Moreover, there is a TFlash slot to expand the memory up to 64GB.
As we have started talking about the custom apps coming with this TV box, we can switch to its software features. The Zidoo X9S comes with Android 6.0 pre-installed. But as we have said above, this TV box runs on OpenWRT, which is based on Linux. Thus we can say the X9S comes with two operating systems at the same time.
On first installing your Zidoo X9S, you will be greeted by a Setup Wizard which guides you through language, screen, network, and launcher (home-screen) arrangement before you really get started.
The Zidoo X9S
The Zidoo X9S presents a very attractive launcher which Zidoo calls the ZIUI. It, like virtually all in this product sector, is tile-based and features shortcuts to the Zidoo Media Center which is essentially a file manager, a web browser, the HDMI in feature, an app/task killer, the Settings menu, the apps drawer and more, with further user-defined shortcuts available to the bottom of the screen; you can also customise any of the tiles to represent any app you have installed if the manufacturer defined layout doesn’t suit. The only real criticism we have is that there are some spelling and typography mistakes scattered throughout the menus that don’t give the impression that enough care has been taken in proof-reading prior to release.
● Android 6.0 + OpenWRT ( NAS ) dual system run simultaneously. Rapid and stable
● Support 5.1 surround sound output, capture your ears with actual listening feelings
● A high performance of Quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU can play a wide range of games
● HDMI 2.0 is a faster way to send video and audio output to your TV
● 4K H.265 decoding can help you save 50 percent bandwidth resource, and deliver razor-sharp detail and vibrant images
● Comes with Zidoo V5 air mouse
● Zidoo V5 air mouse is powered by rechargeable Li-ion battery ( built-in )
Where to buy Zidoo X9S TV Box
You can buy the Zidoo X9S TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
Model: ZIDOO X9S
Operating System: Android 6.0
CPU: Realtek RTD1295 ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core with floating-point unit and NEON SIMD engine embedded
GPU: ARM T820 MP3(3-core)
OS: Android 6.0 + OpenWRT(NAS) dual system run simultaneously
Memory: 2GB DDR3
Internal Storage: 16GB eMMC
Wifi Connectivity: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11AC,4.900 GHz ~ 5.845 GHz (5.0 GHz ISM Band) RTK8821 dual-band WIFI
Ethernet: RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100/1000Mbps)
HDMI Out: HDMI2.0a output, Support 4K@60fps Support HD Audio(7.1CH), support 23.976 and 29.94
HDMI In: HDMI2.0 input, support PIP, HDMI IN stream recode and stream output via UDP etc…
Video decoder: HDR, 10-bit HEVC/H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 24 fps, automatic frame rate switching
Audio decoder: Support HD audio(7.1ch) decode and passthrough Redesigned Native player, Blu-ray better compatibility, Powerful subtitles, Support MVC ISO, MVC MKV. Built-in ZDMC(Base on Kodi 16.0)
USB: 1x USB3.0, 2x USB2.0
Other interfaces: TF card reader SD card interface (Support 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB), IR receiver, Composite video, and audio port (CVBS output), S/SPDIF (2CH, 5.1CH), SATA3.0, VFD display
Shell: Aviation Aluminum alloy case in smoke-colored
1 x TV box
1 x IR remote
1 x Power adapter
1 x User manual
Finally, check out our other Zidoo TV box Reviews
- Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Review Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Quad-core Cortex A53 HDMI 2.0 WiFi media player is perfect for 4K video solution with its Mali-450MP2 Graphics GPU. With the Android 7.1 version, tons of SNS applications can be downloaded from Play Store. Users can also browse all video websites with ... Read more...
- Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box Review Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box is the best choice for you to have the smooth experience to watch the video or play games, for it is equipped with AllWinner H6 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU. With 2G DDR4 RAM and 16G ROM, you can download whatever you like, keep ... Read more...
- Zidoo A5 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo A5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review This Zidoo A5 TV Box features Amlogic S905X processor and Android 6.0 OS to let you enjoy fast and stable running experience and get access to tons of videos online and apps from the Google Play store via the 2.4G WiFi & RJ45 port. With the ZIDOO A5 S905X media ... Read more...
- Zidoo A5S TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo A5S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo TV Box A5S offers support for Ultra High-Definition (UHD) 4K video playback right out of the box. This means you can get an incredibly clear picture, better image texture and a lot less pixelated than on regular high-definition signals. The Zidoo A5S comes with dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi compatibility ... Read more...
- Zidoo X1 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X1 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X1 TV Box is Zidoo’s latest Android mini PC. Powered by the Allwinner H3, this compact unit packs in 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage into a very futuristic design. The X1 build with Allwinner’sCedarX, a powerful hardware decoding engine completely re-written by ZIDOO, for ZDMC (based ... Read more...
- Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X1 II TV Box is the 2nd generation of the Zidoo X1. This time, the box has the RK3229 processor, 1GB Ram and 8GB of internal storage and running Android 4.4. Bluetooth support is another advantage of Zidoo X1 II over the cheaper MXQ-4K TV box. I ... Read more...
- Zidoo X9S TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X9S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X9S features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures. It supports a wider color spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit color, amounting to 1.06 ... Read more...
- Zidoo X9 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X9 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X9 Tv Box is a tiny high parameter box that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, working and more. Besides this, real 1080P supported, H.265 decoder, bring your ... Read more...
- Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X6 Pro Tv Box has a nice build quality that mixes aluminum and plastic, without feeling fragile or cheap. Its dimensions allow you to store it easily since it’s not overly big and it’s more on the thin side. To control this box, a ... Read more...
- Zidoo X8 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X8 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X8 Tv Box features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures.It supports a wider colour spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit colour, amounting to ... Read more...
- Zidoo X5 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X5 Tv Box features a very simple curved line design where only the brand logo at the top stands out. On the front, there is a small window where the IR sensor and a notification LED are located. The equipment is totally made of shiny ... Read more...
- Zidoo X10 TV Box reviewed By Android TV box review Zidoo X10 TV Box review By Android TV Box Review This is one of biggest Android TV box around The Zidoo X10 runs on a Realtek 1295DD quad-core CPU running up to 1.4GHz. This CPU speed is low, lower than a cheap Amlogic S912 CPU box that runs at 1.5GHz. I was told not to be so quick the ... Read more...
4K video support
Regular OTA updates
HDMI-CEC support that allows to transfer data between different products
Remote control with programming buttons
Small internal memory
- Readers Rating
- Rated 3 stars
3 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating