- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.8 stars
4.8 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The ZIDOO X9 Tv Box is a tiny high parameter box that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, working and more. Besides this, real 1080P supported, H.265 decoder, bring your unexpected experience.
Zidoo is a technology company focus on TV BOX, all Zidoo products are design and test very strictly, we have a strong team for technical support, all Zidoo product with 1year extensive device warranty, support is efficient by Zidoo.
- 0.1 Design & Connections
- 0.2 Hardware:
- 0.3 Software:
- 0.4 Main Features:
- 0.5 Where to buy Zidoo X9 TV Box
- 0.6 Specification
- 0.7 Media Supported
- 0.8 Product Details
- 1 Finally, check out our other Zidoo TV box Reviews
Design & Connections
The X9 will put a smile on your face with its built-in time display. That’s unusual in itself, as is the aluminum housing in a chassis that’s about the same size as a small tablet – and essentially it is one, minus the display – only quite a lot thicker at 23mm in height. There are dual, non-detachable, WiFi antennas at the rear, in addition to an On/Off switch which also feels a little old-school.
The Zidoo X9 has an appealing design. Roughly the size of a 7-inch tablet, the X9 crams all of its internals into a sleek metal case. The choice of metal is a plus, making the device feel more premium as well as doubling as a heat sink. The metal case is finished nicely, with subtly chamfered edges which looks really nice.
The front panel is basic: Some small Zidoo branding on the left and a small LCD panel in the center. I’ve got to say that the LED panel is a cool touch. It’s used to communicate the device status such as boot, in addition to displaying the time during operation. There are few devices that have this, so it’s cool to see it here.
Performance strong benchmark testing
You can see that the Zidoo X9 has a strong hardware like quad-core CPU Mstar MSO9180D1R and GPU Mali-450. It has also 2 GB of RAM and 8 GB storage space which you can upgrade with microSD card up to 32GB. I was watching movies than I was playing games like GTA. During use, everything worked very well without lags. Benchmark scores for Zidoo X9 you can see below.
X9 has Android 4.4.2 which is additionally customised by Zidoo, that means it has their user interface. The operating system already has KODI and other similar apps. During use, there were no problems with OS because it is fast and fluid. I hope only that there will be a soon available update to Android 5.0 or maybe 6.0.
● Mstar CPU processor, offering better-using experience
● Support the 4K HD movie stream, enjoy unlimited 3D blue-ray movie
● Bluetooth joystick, enjoy 3D / motion sensing games
● Built-in X9 music/weather system, convenient for life
Where to buy Zidoo X9 TV Box
You can buy the Zidoo X9 TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4
Chipset: Mstar MSO9180D1R
CPU: Quad core ARM Cortex A9
GPU: Octa core ARM Mali-450 GPU
Memory: 2GB DDR3
Internal Storage: 8GB eMMC + MicroSD card slot
Connectivity: Dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi, 10/100 Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0
Audio/Video Output: HDMI 1.4, SP-DIF, Composite Video Out
Video Input: HDMI In
Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x USB 3.0
Decoder Format: H.263,H.264,H.265,HD MPEG4
Video format: 4K,4K x 2K,AVC,AVI,DAT,FLV,H.263,H.264,H.265,MKV,MPEG,MPEG-1,MVS,RM,RMVB,RV,TP,TS,VP6,VP8,VP9,WMV
Audio format: AAC,AC3,ACC,AFE,APE,DDP,DTS,HD,MP3,MPEG,OGG,RM,TrueHD,WAV
Photo Format: BMP,GIF,PNG,TIFF
Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
5G WiFi: Yes
Power Supply: Charge Adapter
Interface: AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,LAN,Optical,Reset Port,SATA,TF card,USB2.0,USB3.0
HDMI Version: 2.0
Other Functions: 3D Games,3D Video,DLNA,ISO Files,Miracast,NTSC,PAL,External Subtitle
External Subtitle Supported: Yes
HDMI Function: CEC,HDCP
RJ45 Port Speed: 1000M
System Bit: 64Bit
Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
Remote Controller Battery: 2 x AAA batteries
Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 0.4180 kg
Package weight: 1.1600 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 18.80 x 12.80 x 2.50 cm / 7.4 x 5.04 x 0.98 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 20.50 x 16.80 x 8.80 cm / 8.07 x 6.61 x 3.46 inches
HDMI INPUT/OUTPUT: Standard HDMI female,1.4b
Other Interfaces: 2*USB2.0 ;1*USB3.0 ;1*RJ45 ;1*Optical ;1*AV port ;1*TF card slot
BLE: Bluetooth 4.0
Power: 100~220V AC Input ,Output 12V DC 2A
Adobe Flash: Adobe Flash 10.1 support or above
PVR Recording: Support HDMI IN PVR and Playback supported
XBMC: Build in XBMC(KODI) ZIDOO version, support hardware decoding; support BD menu
IR remote control
Finally, check out our other Zidoo TV box Reviews
- Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Review Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Quad-core Cortex A53 HDMI 2.0 WiFi media player is perfect for 4K video solution with its Mali-450MP2 Graphics GPU. With the Android 7.1 version, tons of SNS applications can be downloaded from Play Store. Users can also browse all video websites with ... Read more...
- Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box Review Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box is the best choice for you to have the smooth experience to watch the video or play games, for it is equipped with AllWinner H6 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU. With 2G DDR4 RAM and 16G ROM, you can download whatever you like, keep ... Read more...
- Zidoo A5 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo A5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review This Zidoo A5 TV Box features Amlogic S905X processor and Android 6.0 OS to let you enjoy fast and stable running experience and get access to tons of videos online and apps from the Google Play store via the 2.4G WiFi & RJ45 port. With the ZIDOO A5 S905X media ... Read more...
- Zidoo A5S TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo A5S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo TV Box A5S offers support for Ultra High-Definition (UHD) 4K video playback right out of the box. This means you can get an incredibly clear picture, better image texture and a lot less pixelated than on regular high-definition signals. The Zidoo A5S comes with dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi compatibility ... Read more...
- Zidoo X1 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X1 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X1 TV Box is Zidoo’s latest Android mini PC. Powered by the Allwinner H3, this compact unit packs in 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage into a very futuristic design. The X1 build with Allwinner’sCedarX, a powerful hardware decoding engine completely re-written by ZIDOO, for ZDMC (based ... Read more...
- Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X1 II TV Box is the 2nd generation of the Zidoo X1. This time, the box has the RK3229 processor, 1GB Ram and 8GB of internal storage and running Android 4.4. Bluetooth support is another advantage of Zidoo X1 II over the cheaper MXQ-4K TV box. I ... Read more...
- Zidoo X9S TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X9S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X9S features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures. It supports a wider color spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit color, amounting to 1.06 ... Read more...
- Zidoo X9 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X9 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X9 Tv Box is a tiny high parameter box that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, working and more. Besides this, real 1080P supported, H.265 decoder, bring your ... Read more...
- Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X6 Pro Tv Box has a nice build quality that mixes aluminum and plastic, without feeling fragile or cheap. Its dimensions allow you to store it easily since it’s not overly big and it’s more on the thin side. To control this box, a ... Read more...
- Zidoo X8 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X8 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X8 Tv Box features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures.It supports a wider colour spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit colour, amounting to ... Read more...
- Zidoo X5 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X5 Tv Box features a very simple curved line design where only the brand logo at the top stands out. On the front, there is a small window where the IR sensor and a notification LED are located. The equipment is totally made of shiny ... Read more...
- Zidoo X10 TV Box reviewed By Android TV box review Zidoo X10 TV Box review By Android TV Box Review This is one of biggest Android TV box around The Zidoo X10 runs on a Realtek 1295DD quad-core CPU running up to 1.4GHz. This CPU speed is low, lower than a cheap Amlogic S912 CPU box that runs at 1.5GHz. I was told not to be so quick the ... Read more...
HDMI Input with PVR function works relatively well.
Both 4K videos and pictures are actually displayed at 4K resolution.
H.264 / HEVC 4K video playback with “Explorer” app
Audio pass-through in “Explorer” app works for AC3 and E-AC3, TrueHD and DTS-HD are down-mixed to Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 however.
High Antutu Video Tester score (698).
Excellent Wi-Fi performance
Good performance for eMMC, and USB 3.0 hard drive
NTFS, EXT-4, exFAT and FAT32 file systems are fully supported.
Good looking user interface
Clean power off and on from remote control
Regular OTA update with detailed changelog
Blog and support forums