The ZIDOO X8 Tv Box features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures.It supports a wider colour spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit colour, amounting to 1.06 billion colours, instead of the 16 million offered by older 8-bit colour technologies, therefore, the gradations between shades and different tones on onscreen content present a far greater degree of realism.
The Zidoo X8 features a Realtek RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful Realtek RTD1295 ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-core CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures.
- 0.1 Design & Connections:
- 0.2 Menus & User Interface
- 0.3 Zidoo Media Center
- 0.4 Hardware
- 0.5 Software
- 0.6 Main Features:
- 0.7 Where to buy Zidoo X8 TV Box
- 0.8 Specification:
- 0.9 Media
- 0.10 Product Details
- 0.11 Package Contents:
- 1 Finally, check out our other Zidoo TV box Reviews
Design & Connections:
The casing of the Zidoo X9S is made from aircraft-grade aluminium which is described as smoke colored by the manufacturer but we’ll stick with dark grey. In any case (no pun intended), it’s a relatively attractive device for this sector and, as well as being durable and presumably aerodynamic, it’s pleasingly resistant to picking up greasy fingerprint marks, although it still attracts its fair share of dust. It also stays nice and cool in operation so it’s well engineered, too, and shouldn’t overheat easily. The supplied remote is nothing like as well built, alas, with a predictably lightweight, plastic finish and limited mouse pointer functionality although the box responds quickly to it and the infra-red range and ‘directionality’ are acceptably long and broad (3m/55ish degrees L/R).
Menus & User Interface
On first installing your Zidoo X9S, you will be greeted by a Setup Wizard which guides you through language, screen, network, and launcher (home-screen) arrangement before you really get started. The Zidoo X9S presents a very attractive launcher which Zidoo calls the ZIUI. It, like virtually all in this product sector, is tile-based and features shortcuts to the
Zidoo Media Center
which is essentially a file manager, a web browser, the HDMI in feature, an app/task killer, the Settings menu, the apps drawer and more, with further user-defined shortcuts available to the bottom of the screen; you can also customise any of the tiles to represent any app you have installed if the manufacturer defined layout doesn’t suit. The only real criticism we have is that there are some spelling and typography mistakes scattered throughout the menus that don’t give the impression that enough care has been taken in proof-reading prior to release.
The ZIDOO X8 is a small unit that takes up very little space and looks right at home in any environment. Powered by a quad-core processor, it also offers up 2GB and 8GB internal storage. Moreover, the device includes Bluetooth 4.0 so you can add a wireless keyboard, mouse, speakers, or something else.
The WiFi connection supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies so you’ll be getting the best data speeds available. Want to connect directly to your network? Plug directly into the Ethernet port and enjoy.
All of this talk about hardware is great, but it ultimately takes a back seat to the software capabilities. Thanks to the Android 6.0 + OpenWRT(NAS) dual system, users can enjoy Samba server, iTunes(DAAP) server, DLNA(UPnP) server, FTP server, AFP function (for Apple TimeMachine), and BitTorrent download functions.
● Powerful subtitle supports and an OTA service based on the global CDN cloud Android 6.0 + OpenWrt ( NAS ) dual systems run simultaneously.
● 2GB DDR3 RAM makes bigger games run smoothly and the utilization of 8GB eMMC memory offers an array of benefits in terms of performance security and reliability, resulting in a richer end-user experience.
● Zidoo X8 can provide reliable network access with high data rates. Additionally, the Bluetooth 4.0 module allows connection to your BT speakers, keyboard, mouse and many more.
● Comprehensive interfaces provide different levels of interactivity. The Zidoo X8 supports various interfaces and allows limitless connectivity to external devices.
Where to buy Zidoo X8 TV Box
You can buy the Zidoo X8 TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
Type: TV Box
System: Android 6.0,OpenWrt
Processor: Realtek RTD1295
CPU: Cortex A53
Core: Quad Core
RAM Type: DDR3
Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
TV Box Features: Antenna,5.1 Surround Sound Output
Decoder Format: H.263, H.264, H.265, HD MPEG4
Video format: VP9
Audio format: HD
Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,PNG,TIFF
Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
Power Supply: Charge Adapter
Interface: AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,LAN,Optical,TF card
DVD Support: No
HDMI Version: 2.0
Other Functions: 3D Games,3D Video,DLNA,ISO Files,Miracast,NTSC,PAL,External Subtitle
External Subtitle Supported: Yes
HDMI Function: CEC, HDCP
System Bit: 64Bit
WiFi Chip: RTK8821
Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
Input Vol: 12V
Remote Controller Battery: 2 x AAA Batteries
Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 0.5630 kg
Package weight: 0.9130 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 15.10 x 15.10 x 2.40 cm / 5.94 x 5.94 x 0.94 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 19.70 x 19.70 x 9.10 cm / 7.76 x 7.76 x 3.58 inches
Zidoo X8 Smart TV Box
1 x I/R remote
1 x Power adapter
1 x English user manual
Finally, check out our other Zidoo TV box Reviews
- Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Review Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Quad-core Cortex A53 HDMI 2.0 WiFi media player is perfect for 4K video solution with its Mali-450MP2 Graphics GPU. With the Android 7.1 version, tons of SNS applications can be downloaded from Play Store. Users can also browse all video websites with ... Read more...
- Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box Review Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box is the best choice for you to have the smooth experience to watch the video or play games, for it is equipped with AllWinner H6 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU. With 2G DDR4 RAM and 16G ROM, you can download whatever you like, keep ... Read more...
- Zidoo A5 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo A5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review This Zidoo A5 TV Box features Amlogic S905X processor and Android 6.0 OS to let you enjoy fast and stable running experience and get access to tons of videos online and apps from the Google Play store via the 2.4G WiFi & RJ45 port. With the ZIDOO A5 S905X media ... Read more...
- Zidoo A5S TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo A5S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo TV Box A5S offers support for Ultra High-Definition (UHD) 4K video playback right out of the box. This means you can get an incredibly clear picture, better image texture and a lot less pixelated than on regular high-definition signals. The Zidoo A5S comes with dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi compatibility ... Read more...
- Zidoo X1 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X1 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X1 TV Box is Zidoo’s latest Android mini PC. Powered by the Allwinner H3, this compact unit packs in 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage into a very futuristic design. The X1 build with Allwinner’sCedarX, a powerful hardware decoding engine completely re-written by ZIDOO, for ZDMC (based ... Read more...
- Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X1 II TV Box is the 2nd generation of the Zidoo X1. This time, the box has the RK3229 processor, 1GB Ram and 8GB of internal storage and running Android 4.4. Bluetooth support is another advantage of Zidoo X1 II over the cheaper MXQ-4K TV box. I ... Read more...
- Zidoo X9S TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X9S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X9S features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures. It supports a wider color spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit color, amounting to 1.06 ... Read more...
- Zidoo X9 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X9 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X9 Tv Box is a tiny high parameter box that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, working and more. Besides this, real 1080P supported, H.265 decoder, bring your ... Read more...
- Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X6 Pro Tv Box has a nice build quality that mixes aluminum and plastic, without feeling fragile or cheap. Its dimensions allow you to store it easily since it’s not overly big and it’s more on the thin side. To control this box, a ... Read more...
- Zidoo X8 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X8 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X8 Tv Box features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures.It supports a wider colour spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit colour, amounting to ... Read more...
- Zidoo X5 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X5 Tv Box features a very simple curved line design where only the brand logo at the top stands out. On the front, there is a small window where the IR sensor and a notification LED are located. The equipment is totally made of shiny ... Read more...
- Zidoo X10 TV Box reviewed By Android TV box review Zidoo X10 TV Box review By Android TV Box Review This is one of biggest Android TV box around The Zidoo X10 runs on a Realtek 1295DD quad-core CPU running up to 1.4GHz. This CPU speed is low, lower than a cheap Amlogic S912 CPU box that runs at 1.5GHz. I was told not to be so quick the ... Read more...
HDMI IN via RTD1295
- Readers Rating
- Rated 2.5 stars
2.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating