The Zidoo X6 Pro Tv Box has a nice build quality that mixes aluminum and plastic, without feeling fragile or cheap. Its dimensions allow you to store it easily since it’s not overly big and it’s more on the thin side. To control this box, a remote is included. It enables you to perform all the basic functions you’d expect from an included remote and communicates via IR with the box. To get more precision and features, you might want to use a wireless HTPC keyboard, or download one of the remote apps for Android, like Kore or Yatse.
- 0.1 Design & Connections:
- 0.2 features of the X6
- 0.3 User Interface & Features:
- 0.4 Audio/Video Performance:
- 0.5 Main Features:
- 0.6 Where to buy Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box
- 0.7 Specifications:
- 0.8 Media Supported
- 0.9 Product Details
- 1 Finally, check out our other Zidoo TV box Reviews
Design & Connections:
While it looks quite attractive the silver effect casing of the box feels very flimsy and lightweight and it’s also very small (110x110x20mm), which might be a worry in terms of cooling. There’s an infra-red receiver panel at the front which also contains the blue power light, which shines a little too bright, for our liking, especially when the lights are low.
features of the X6
The supplied remote is slightly above average in this product category with a rounded design and pleasantly rubberized buttons. All the most used buttons are at the top and in the center, so we’ve no complaints about the layout either. One bonus feature of the X6 is the ability to power off the box using one press on the remote control button; it might not sound like much but it makes it unique amongst Android boxes. Connections are on the left-hand side and at the rear and include two USB version 2.0, a Micro SD card slot, a Toslink digital audio out, an HDMI 2.0 port and the LAN connection.
User Interface & Features:
It’s slightly ironic that having heaped praise on Zidoo in the past for their flair in designing attractive and well-planned user interfaces that they seem to have somewhat mimicked one from one of their competitors (Minix) with the X6. It’s clean and easy to use with an array of customisable shortcut tiles and it’s easy to navigate using the remote control. We actually prefer a couple of Zidoo’s previous efforts, to be honest, so they should have just stuck with those.
Zidoo has evidently spent quite some time honing both their firmware and specially tailoring a version of KODI in order to meet some of their lofty pre-release claims; the results have been semi-to-very successful. It needs to be stated that the review is based upon firmware v1.0.16, although there is a beta version which might fix some of the issues that do exist.
A near holy grail in any media player – for a vocal minority, at least – is full support for 3D playback; by that we mean the frame-packed type – rather than side by side, explanation here – which produces higher resolution 3D images with more depth. Unfortunately, this feature is not properly working on the X6, at the moment, and frame packed 3D ISO is being displayed as half side by side, both in KODi and the built-in player. To be honest, most people couldn’t care less about 3D but since the fact that Zidoo was causing such a fuss about this very feature, pre-release, and it prospectively put the X6 Pro into a near-unique position, it is a very big miss. As we said above, Zidoo is working hard to fix the problem but we could hold off no longer waiting for the update.
Zidoo is to be congratulated on releasing their KODI source code, for all to see, which should hopefully have the benefit of better support for the chipset in regular KODI releases going forwards; for now, it is much better to use Zidoo XBMC. As an aside, the release of the source code has allowed the KODI developers to add support for playback of 3D ISO on the Raspberry Pi so it surely won’t be long before Zidoo gets it right on their own player.
● High-performance 64bit chipset will give you smoothly using experience
● 2GB DDR3 RAM + 16GB ROM will give you more space to download your favorite Apps to browse websites, play games, watch movies more smoothly
● 1000M LAN can improve the net speed and the performance to a large extent
● Easy pairing with most Bluetooth-enabled devices
Where to buy Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box
You can buy the Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
Model: X6 Pro
Type: TV Box
System: Android 5.1
CPU: ARM Cortex-A53
Core: 1.6GHz,Octa Core
GPU: PowerVR G6110
RAM Type: DDR3
Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
TV Box Features: 5.1 Surround Sound Output
Decoder Format: H.263,H.264,HD MPEG4
Video format: ASF,AVS,H.263,H.264,MPEG-4,MPEG1,MPEG2,RV,VC-1,VP6,VP8
Audio format: AAC,AC3,AMR-NB,DTS,FLAC,MP3,OGG,WAV,WMA
Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,PNG,TIFF
Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: Yes
5G WiFi: Yes
Power Supply: Charge Adapter
Interface: CVBS/L/R,DC 5V,HDMI,Micro SD Card Slot,Optical,USB2.0
DVD Support: No
HDMI Version: 2.0
Other Functions: 3D Games,3D Video,DLNA,ISO Files,Miracast,NTSC,PAL
HDMI Function: CEC
RJ45 Port Speed: 1000M
System Bit: 64Bit
Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
Remote Controller Battery: 2 x AAA batteries
Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 0.1350 kg
Package weight: 0.6080 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 10.90 x 10.90 x 2.00 cm / 4.29 x 4.29 x 0.79 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 17.90 x 14.40 x 6.50 cm / 7.05 x 5.67 x 2.56 inches
Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box
Power Charger, 1 x Power Adaptor
HDMI Cable, 1 x Remote Control
Finally, check out our other Zidoo TV box Reviews
- Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Review Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Quad-core Cortex A53 HDMI 2.0 WiFi media player is perfect for 4K video solution with its Mali-450MP2 Graphics GPU. With the Android 7.1 version, tons of SNS applications can be downloaded from Play Store. Users can also browse all video websites with ... Read more...
- Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box Review Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box is the best choice for you to have the smooth experience to watch the video or play games, for it is equipped with AllWinner H6 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU. With 2G DDR4 RAM and 16G ROM, you can download whatever you like, keep ... Read more...
- Zidoo A5 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo A5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review This Zidoo A5 TV Box features Amlogic S905X processor and Android 6.0 OS to let you enjoy fast and stable running experience and get access to tons of videos online and apps from the Google Play store via the 2.4G WiFi & RJ45 port. With the ZIDOO A5 S905X media ... Read more...
- Zidoo A5S TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo A5S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo TV Box A5S offers support for Ultra High-Definition (UHD) 4K video playback right out of the box. This means you can get an incredibly clear picture, better image texture and a lot less pixelated than on regular high-definition signals. The Zidoo A5S comes with dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi compatibility ... Read more...
- Zidoo X1 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X1 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X1 TV Box is Zidoo’s latest Android mini PC. Powered by the Allwinner H3, this compact unit packs in 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage into a very futuristic design. The X1 build with Allwinner’sCedarX, a powerful hardware decoding engine completely re-written by ZIDOO, for ZDMC (based ... Read more...
- Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X1 II TV Box is the 2nd generation of the Zidoo X1. This time, the box has the RK3229 processor, 1GB Ram and 8GB of internal storage and running Android 4.4. Bluetooth support is another advantage of Zidoo X1 II over the cheaper MXQ-4K TV box. I ... Read more...
- Zidoo X9S TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X9S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X9S features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures. It supports a wider color spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit color, amounting to 1.06 ... Read more...
- Zidoo X9 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X9 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X9 Tv Box is a tiny high parameter box that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, working and more. Besides this, real 1080P supported, H.265 decoder, bring your ... Read more...
- Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X6 Pro Tv Box has a nice build quality that mixes aluminum and plastic, without feeling fragile or cheap. Its dimensions allow you to store it easily since it’s not overly big and it’s more on the thin side. To control this box, a ... Read more...
- Zidoo X8 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X8 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X8 Tv Box features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures.It supports a wider colour spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit colour, amounting to ... Read more...
- Zidoo X5 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X5 Tv Box features a very simple curved line design where only the brand logo at the top stands out. On the front, there is a small window where the IR sensor and a notification LED are located. The equipment is totally made of shiny ... Read more...
- Zidoo X10 TV Box reviewed By Android TV box review Zidoo X10 TV Box review By Android TV Box Review This is one of biggest Android TV box around The Zidoo X10 runs on a Realtek 1295DD quad-core CPU running up to 1.4GHz. This CPU speed is low, lower than a cheap Amlogic S912 CPU box that runs at 1.5GHz. I was told not to be so quick the ... Read more...
Recent Android 5.1 OS firmware is both responsive (most of the time) and stable
Kodi 15.1 with 3D MVC, 7 channel audio pass-through, and H.265 / 4K hardware decoding
HDMI 2.0 video output works up to 2160p60 Hz
Good Ethernet and WiFi performance
Best eMMC performance of Android TV boxes I’ve tested, and with a unified 12.9GB flash partition for data and apps.
Support for FAT32, NTFS, EXT-4, and exFAT file systems
Proper power handling, also including timer to power off/go into standby
USB webcam is working in Skype and Hangouts
OTA firmware update
GPL compliance for Kodi (but not the Linux kernel)
*The box may overheat, leading the CPU to throttle, and bringing user experience which reminded me of single core Cortex A8 processor. Solution: et the box cool down for a little while. It happened while using Kodi, and playing Riptide GP2. I could still watch a full 2-hour 1080p movie without the heat issue occurring however.
Kodi 15.1 works better than on other boxes but there are still some issues
*7.1 channel audio pass-through is unreliable, at least with Onkyo TX636-NR AV receiver. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not (with the same video).
Automatic frame rate switching will also change output resolution. For example if HDMI output is set to 2160p60, and you play a 1080p24 video, it will switch to 1080p24 video output (OK), but once it is finished, the video output will stay at 1080p resolution, even for 4K videos
4K H.265 @ 60 fps plays, but in the video sample I used I had artifacts for about 2 seconds, every 20 to 30 seconds.
I could not access zoom options in most videos (minor issue)
Auto-repeat is ON by default (minor issue)
In some instances, Kodi may be quite slow to exit
*Benchmark results significantly lower than in Beelink i68 (also based on RK3368), even with Antutu Video Tester 3.0.
*3D games like Beach Buggy Racing and Riptide GP2 suffer from relatively low frame rate
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.3 stars
4.3 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating