- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
3.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Very Good
- Your Rating
The Zidoo X1 II TV Box is the 2nd generation of the Zidoo X1. This time, the box has the RK3229 processor, 1GB Ram and 8GB of internal storage and running Android 4.4.
Bluetooth support is another advantage of Zidoo X1 II over the cheaper MXQ-4K TV box. I could transfer some pictures over Bluetooth with my smartphone, and get fitness data from Makes F68 smartwatch with the corresponding app over Bluetooth 4.0 LE. However, I never managed to find my Bluetooth headset with the device, and a skipped Sixaxis PS3 game controller test since the firmware is not rooted.
The TV Box has Zidoo’s custom launcher and that is what it sets it apart from the other RK3229 boxes. The launcher feels more polished and more professional.
The box is made out of plastic entirely, however, it doesn’t look like any other box that you have ever seen. It definitely doesn’t look like a conventional Android TV Box.
The box has only 2 USB ports and doesn’t have a slot for SD cards or a SPDIF output. You will have to do with a HDMI & AV outputs.
- 1 Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review
- 2 Finally, check out our other Zidoo TV box Reviews
Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review
The box has Bluetooth connectivity and it’s very easy to connect a Bluetooth controller to play games or connect some Bluetooth headphones to listen to music or watch a movie.
Most files are played very smooth on the box thanks to the RK3229 processor. Unfortunately, i wasn’t able to play a 1080p 10bit MKV file on this box.
Online streaming also goes very good and it only depends on your internet connection.
Overall this is probably one of the best TV Boxes that use the RK3229.
Check out my review video of the Zidoo X1 II.
Candy Crush Saga was perfectly playable with the air mouse, but it was laggy once as an app was getting installed in the background.
Beach Buggy Racing was set to “maximum resolution” in the settings, likely due to the 1280×720 framebuffer resolution, and the game was extremely smooth all the time. Riptide GP2 had the same settings and rendered smoothly for the 15 minutes or so I played it. So performance is OK at this resolution and steady.
● Apps: Google Play & APK install
● DLNA, Miracast Protocol(DLNA, Miracast)
● Remote controller
● Skype/QQ/MSN/GTALK (Depends on APK )
● WORD/EXCEL/PDF(Depends on APK install)
Where to buy Zidoo X1 II TV Box
You can buy the Zidoo X1 II TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
Model: MINI MXQ
Quantity: 1 Piece
OS: Android 4.4
CPU: RK3229, quad-core Cortex-A7 Up to 1.5GHz
GPU: Mali-400MP OpenGL ES 2.0
1GB DDL3 RAM & 8GB eMMC ROM
TF CARD Support 1~32GB extended
Video: 4K VP9 Video decoder, 4K 10-bits H.265/H.264 Video decoder, 1080P other video decoders (VC-1, MPEG-1/2/4, VP6/8)
Video Encode: 1080P video encoder for H.264 and VP8
Audio: MP3 / AAC / WMA / RM / FLAC / OGG and programmable with 5.1 down-mixing
Audio Output: HDMI/SPDIF Data Output
Wifi Connectivity: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4G WiFi
Wifi Module: RTL8723BS
Ethernet: 10/100 BaseT
Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0
HDMI 2.0 4K@60p
Power: 5V/3A 3.5mm DC-in
1*DC in Port
2*Standard USB Port1*HDMI A Type Port
1*RJ45 (100Mbps network connection)
1*S/SPDIF (2CH, 5.1CH)
1*Micro SD card slot
Dimension & Weight
Product weight: 0.201KG
Package weight: 0.580 KG
Product size: 11.40 x 11.40 x 2.00 cm
Package size: 20.50 x 15.50 x 5.00 cm
Power adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country)
Finally, check out our other Zidoo TV box Reviews
- Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Review Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Zidoo X7 RK3328 Smart TV Box Quad-core Cortex A53 HDMI 2.0 WiFi media player is perfect for 4K video solution with its Mali-450MP2 Graphics GPU. With the Android 7.1 version, tons of SNS applications can be downloaded from Play Store. Users can also browse all video websites with ... Read more...
- Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box Review Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Zidoo H6 Pro TV Box is the best choice for you to have the smooth experience to watch the video or play games, for it is equipped with AllWinner H6 quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU. With 2G DDR4 RAM and 16G ROM, you can download whatever you like, keep ... Read more...
- Zidoo A5 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo A5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review This Zidoo A5 TV Box features Amlogic S905X processor and Android 6.0 OS to let you enjoy fast and stable running experience and get access to tons of videos online and apps from the Google Play store via the 2.4G WiFi & RJ45 port. With the ZIDOO A5 S905X media ... Read more...
- Zidoo A5S TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo A5S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo TV Box A5S offers support for Ultra High-Definition (UHD) 4K video playback right out of the box. This means you can get an incredibly clear picture, better image texture and a lot less pixelated than on regular high-definition signals. The Zidoo A5S comes with dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi compatibility ... Read more...
- Zidoo X1 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X1 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X1 TV Box is Zidoo’s latest Android mini PC. Powered by the Allwinner H3, this compact unit packs in 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage into a very futuristic design. The X1 build with Allwinner’sCedarX, a powerful hardware decoding engine completely re-written by ZIDOO, for ZDMC (based ... Read more...
- Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X1 II TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X1 II TV Box is the 2nd generation of the Zidoo X1. This time, the box has the RK3229 processor, 1GB Ram and 8GB of internal storage and running Android 4.4. Bluetooth support is another advantage of Zidoo X1 II over the cheaper MXQ-4K TV box. I ... Read more...
- Zidoo X9S TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X9S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X9S features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures. It supports a wider color spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit color, amounting to 1.06 ... Read more...
- Zidoo X9 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X9 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X9 Tv Box is a tiny high parameter box that connects your HDTV to a world of online entertainment. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, working and more. Besides this, real 1080P supported, H.265 decoder, bring your ... Read more...
- Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X6 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Zidoo X6 Pro Tv Box has a nice build quality that mixes aluminum and plastic, without feeling fragile or cheap. Its dimensions allow you to store it easily since it’s not overly big and it’s more on the thin side. To control this box, a ... Read more...
- Zidoo X8 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X8 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X8 Tv Box features an RTD1295 processor, fully supporting Premium 4K UHD contents with a powerful 64bit CPU and Mali-T820 GPU combination in place to handle 4K graphics and offers strikingly realistic pictures.It supports a wider colour spectrum (BT.2020) and a 10-bit colour, amounting to ... Read more...
- Zidoo X5 TV Box Review, Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Zidoo X5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The ZIDOO X5 Tv Box features a very simple curved line design where only the brand logo at the top stands out. On the front, there is a small window where the IR sensor and a notification LED are located. The equipment is totally made of shiny ... Read more...
- Zidoo X10 TV Box reviewed By Android TV box review Zidoo X10 TV Box review By Android TV Box Review This is one of biggest Android TV box around The Zidoo X10 runs on a Realtek 1295DD quad-core CPU running up to 1.4GHz. This CPU speed is low, lower than a cheap Amlogic S912 CPU box that runs at 1.5GHz. I was told not to be so quick the ... Read more...
Firmware is relatively stable and smooth to operate
4K 10-bit HEVC/H.265 and 10-bit H.264 is working very well with Zidoo Media Center, and fairly well with ZDMC/Kodi 16.0.
3D MVC videos are supported
Video Output – 4096×2160 / 3840×2160 up to 60Hz, 1080p 24/25/30/50/60, etc.. Automatic frame rate switching is working
HD audio pass-through working for TrueHD and DTS HD Master (with some concerns due to short audio cuts I noticed).
Fast boot time
File systems support – NTFS, EXT-4, exFAT, and FAT32
Proper power handling (remote on/off, 0 watts in power off mode, USB ports off in standby, etc…)
Unified 5.75 GB partition for both apps and data
OTA firmware update, and frequent firmware releases to be expected
Some random reboots may occur from time to time (not very often though)
Videos may not play smoothly without hack (Disable Media Scanner) if you connect an hard drive
Impossible to easily adjust video zoom level in ZDMC/Kodi (3D menu shown by default)
Some audio cuts may occur when using audio pass-through (at least with Onkyo TX-NR636 receiver)
VP9 up to 4K @ 30 fps is allegedly supported by the processor, but not implemented in the box.
CPU/ GPU performance does not match the one of recent low cost processors such as Amlogic S905 or Rockchip RK3368.
Networking (WiFi and Ethernet) performance slightly below average, albeit still usable
Older Android 4.4 operating system
Shape and color of case may not be to everybody’s taste