- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Xiaomi Mi TV Box Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
Xiaomi Mi TV Box supports Bluetooth voice remote control which can meet your varieties of demands. You can catch your favourite TV shows, play games, watch the news or switch to radio. Mi box also supports Google Cast.
The Mi Box is one small streaming box, being roughly the size of a Polaroid photo (it’s much thicker, obviously, like the PlayStation TV) and feeling a little heavier than I expected. Take a peek at the connections and you’ll find a few at the back, in the form of the power adapter port, USB port, audio jack and HDMI out. Look at the front and you’ll find the IR sensor for the remote control.
- 0.1 Design:
- 0.2 Hardware:
- 0.3 Software:
- 0.4 Playing content
- 0.5 Main Features:
- 0.6 Where to buy Xiaomi Mi TV Box
- 0.7 Specification
- 0.8 Media Supported
- 0.9 Product Details
- 1 Finally, check out our other XiaoMi TV box Reviews
The Mi Box is surprisingly compact, running four inches wide and deep, with a tapered design that’s about a quarter-inch thick. It’s smaller than the latest Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku Ultra and Premiere boxes, yet it has some robust tech specs including a 2.0GHz quad-core processor, 8GB of storage, 2GB of RAM, and 802.11ac Wi-Fi. Apps load quickly, with no major performance hiccups even in heavyweight apps like PlayStation Vue.
The Mi Box can also stream in 4K at up to 60 frames per second, with HDR-10 to be enabled with Android 7.0, but you’re on your own to find supported content. There are no shortcuts to apps that offer Ultra HD video, akin to the “4K Spotlight” app on Roku players. And because Amazon Video isn’t supported on Android TV, one major source of 4K and HDR content is unavailable.
Google, having realized the error of its ways with allowing manufacturers the leeway of practically unlimited customization in standard Android, keeps a pretty tight leash on Android TV. And that’s a definite plus for end users: it means that anyone who’s used one Android TV device can quickly get a handle on another. Such is the case for the Mi Box – the grid-based home screen is blessedly free of fluff, and all of the familiar apps from my SHIELD are present and accounted for.
Hard drive playback is a bit of a mixed bag though, as you’ll need a media player (VLC or MX Player in our book). Once you’ve got this sorted, you can simply hop in the player and browse your external storage in this manner.
- It runs on the latest Android TV 6.0 which is easy to enjoy your entertainment time.
- A high performance of Quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU can play a wide range of games.
- A Bluetooth voice remote control: Just speak into the remote control and Mi box will search for what you want.
- HDR 4K H.265 VP9 Profile-2 4K Decoding will provide you with a scene in vivid contrast, color and clarity.
- HDMI 2.0 is a faster way to send video and audio output to your TV.
- It also supports both Dolby and DTS encodings which create you smooth and surround sound.
Where to buy Xiaomi Mi TV Box
You can buy the Xiaomi Mi TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Brand: Xiaomi
- Model: Mi Box
- Type: TV Box
- System: Android 6.0
- CPU: Cortex A53
- Core: 2.0GHz,Quad Core
- GPU: Mali-450
- RAM: 2G RAM
- RAM Type: DDR3
- ROM: 8G ROM
- Maximum External Hard Drives Capacity: No
- Color: Black
- Decoder Format: H.265
- Video format: 4K x 2K,H.264,H.265,VP9 Profile-2
- Audio format: DTS
- Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: No
- 5G WiFi: Yes
- WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Support
- Power Supply: Charge Adapter
- Interface: AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,SPDIF,USB2.0
- Language: English
- DVD Support: No
- HDMI Version: 2.0
- Other Functions: Others
- External Subtitle Supported: No
- HDMI Function: HDCP
- Power Consumption.: No
- RJ45 Port Speed: No
- System Bit: 64Bit
- WiFi Chip: 802.11a / b / g / n / ac
- Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
- Remote Controller Battery: 2 x AA battery ( not included )
Dimension and Weight
- Product weight: 0.3000 kg
- Package weight: 0.5400 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 15.00 x 15.00 x 6.00 cm / 5.91 x 5.91 x 2.36 inches
- 20.00 x 20.00 x 10.00 cm / 7.87 x 7.87 x 3.94 inches
- Xiaomi Mi Android TV Box
- Remote Control
- Power Adapter
Finally, check out our other XiaoMi TV box Reviews
- Original XiaoMi 3 TV Box Review Original XiaoMi 3 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review This Original XiaoMi 3 TV Box uses Amlogic S905 chip, which enhances 25 percent performance. With powerful H.265 10Bit 4K decode capacity, brings you clearer image quality. The motion-sensing game makes your living room become gymnasium immediately. This TV box has voice search function, if you want to ... Read more...
- Original XiaoMi MIUI TV Box Review Original XiaoMi MIUI TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Original XiaoMi MIUI TV Box Smart H.265 Decoder Google TV Player Dual Band WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 Single HDMI Connection 1GB RAM 4GB ROM. The XiaoMi MIUI TV Box is a very small, but powerful media box that is built off of Android with a heavily skinned beautiful user ... Read more...
- Xiaomi Mi 3S TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi 3S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi 3S TV Box Review features the artificial intelligence PathWall system that can record your habits hand recommend the content what your want to you. 4K HDR video support, you will enjoy the excellent visual experience via it. Meanwhile, equipped with high-performance 64 bit CPU, unprecedented ... Read more...
- Xiaomi Mi 3C TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi 3C TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi 3c TV box with support for 4K video playback. The main highlight of the new devices are the AI-based PatchWall interface, making it the first set-top box system with AI in the world. The Mi box 3s also has HDR (High Dynamic Range) support. Xiaomi Mi ... Read more...
- Xiaomi Mi TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi TV Box supports Bluetooth voice remote control which can meet your varieties of demands. You can catch your favourite TV shows, play games, watch the news or switch to radio. Mi box also supports Google Cast. The Mi Box is one small streaming box, being roughly the size ... Read more...
Latest Software Update