- Editor Rating
- Rated 2 stars
- Xiaomi Mi 3C TV Box Review
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
Xiaomi Mi 3c TV box with support for 4K video playback. The main highlight of the new devices are the AI-based PatchWall interface, making it the first set-top box system with AI in the world. The Mi box 3s also has HDR (High Dynamic Range) support.
Xiaomi Mi 3C TV Box remote uses Bluetooth, so it works without line of sight and even through walls. The standard AAA batteries mean it’s a little chunkier than some similar designs since it’s only used for infrequent button presses and voice commands, but such is the price for avoiding d-pad keyboard input. The microphone is on the top, causing me to look like an impromptu karaoke singer every time I want to use it, but I had no problems with speed or clarity for voice commands. The mic wants your mouth to be very close to listening in, but that doesn’t bother me: it means fewer false positives from other sources.
- 0.1 Design
- 0.2 Hardware
- 0.3 Software
- 0.4 Where to buy Xiaomi Mi 3C TV Box
- 0.5 Specification
- 0.6 Media Supported
- 0.7 Product Details
- 1 Finally, check out our other XiaoMi TV box Reviews
The Mi Box is impressive: It’s tiny! At less than 4 x 4 x 1 inches, this smooth little wedge of rubber and plastic will fit virtually anywhere in or around your entertainment centre.
You can think of the Mi Box as a slightly newer version of the Nexus Player. Its tiny rounded body is less than four inches wide and deep and only about three-quarters of an inch tall, making it an easy fit in just about any entertainment centre. Thanks to the Bluetooth remote it doesn’t even need line-of-sight – you can stick it behind your television and it’ll work just fine.
Google, having realized the error of its ways with allowing manufacturers the leeway of practically unlimited customization in standard Android, keeps a pretty tight leash on Android TV. And that’s a definite plus for end users: it means that anyone who’s used one Android TV device can quickly get a handle on another. Such is the case for the Mi Box – the grid-based home screen is blessedly free of fluff, and all of the familiar apps from my SHIELD are present and accounted for.
Where to buy Xiaomi Mi 3C TV Box
You can buy the Xiaomi Mi 3C TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Brand: Xiaomi
- Model: 3C
- Type: TV Box
- System: Android 5.0
- CPU: Amlogic S905
- Core: 2.0GHz
- GPU: Mali-450
- RAM: 1G RAM
- RAM Type: DDR3
- ROM: 4G ROM
- Maximum External Hard Drives Capacity: No
- Color: Black
- Decoder Format: H.263,H.264
- Video format: 4K,RM,RMVB
- Audio format: APE,MP3
- Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: No
- 5G WiFi: Yes
- WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR
- Power Supply: Charge Adapter
- Interface: AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,USB2.0
- Language: Simplified Chinese
- DVD Support: No
- HDMI Version: 2.0
- Other Functions: Others
- External Subtitle Supported: No
- HDMI Function: CEC
- Power Consumption.: 5.2V / 2.1A
- RJ45 Port Speed: NO
- System Bit: 64Bit
- WiFi Chip: No
- Type: External Power Adapter Mode
- Power Adapter Input: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
- Remote Controller Battery: Cell button ( not included )
Dimension and Weight
- Product weight: 0.1760 kg
- Package weight: 0.5500 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 10.10 x 10.10 x 1.95 cm / 3.98 x 3.98 x 0.77 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 11.10 x 11.10 x 2.95 cm / 4.37 x 4.37 x 1.16 inches
- Original Xiaomi Mi 3C TV Box
- IR Remote Control
- HDMI Cable
- Power Adapter
- Chinese Manual
Finally, check out our other XiaoMi TV box Reviews
- Original XiaoMi 3 TV Box Review Original XiaoMi 3 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review This Original XiaoMi 3 TV Box uses Amlogic S905 chip, which enhances 25 percent performance. With powerful H.265 10Bit 4K decode capacity, brings you clearer image quality. The motion-sensing game makes your living room become gymnasium immediately. This TV box has voice search function, if you want to ... Read more...
- Original XiaoMi MIUI TV Box Review Original XiaoMi MIUI TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Original XiaoMi MIUI TV Box Smart H.265 Decoder Google TV Player Dual Band WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 Single HDMI Connection 1GB RAM 4GB ROM. The XiaoMi MIUI TV Box is a very small, but powerful media box that is built off of Android with a heavily skinned beautiful user ... Read more...
- Xiaomi Mi 3S TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi 3S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi 3S TV Box Review features the artificial intelligence PathWall system that can record your habits hand recommend the content what your want to you. 4K HDR video support, you will enjoy the excellent visual experience via it. Meanwhile, equipped with high-performance 64 bit CPU, unprecedented ... Read more...
- Xiaomi Mi 3C TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi 3C TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi 3c TV box with support for 4K video playback. The main highlight of the new devices are the AI-based PatchWall interface, making it the first set-top box system with AI in the world. The Mi box 3s also has HDR (High Dynamic Range) support. Xiaomi Mi ... Read more...
- Xiaomi Mi TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Xiaomi Mi TV Box supports Bluetooth voice remote control which can meet your varieties of demands. You can catch your favourite TV shows, play games, watch the news or switch to radio. Mi box also supports Google Cast. The Mi Box is one small streaming box, being roughly the size ... Read more...
4K + HDR – proof that there’s no reason new video devices shouldn’t have 4K & HDR these days, and that it needn’t come with a premium price
Fast – Navigation is a breeze. Apps open and close quickly.
Built-in IR receiver – Universal remotes welcome.
1000’s of apps and games to download from Google Play store.
High-res lossless audio codecs – this is the biggest lacking feature for HT aficionados.