- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
4.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The T96 is very easy to operate like most Android TV Boxes out there. Basically, you only have one touch type power button to turn the unit on/off. The other functions can be operated via IR Remote control that is also included in the package.
When you turn the unit on, a Blue color LED Light turns on indicating the unit is operational and turns into Red vice-versa when the device is fully shut down. As for USB Hosts, you only have only two which can be limiting for some user, unless an external USB Hub is used. One host is the standard type and the other has OTG function. Used for updating the device firmware via a PC.
- 0.1 Design and Build Quality
- 0.2 System & Software
- 0.3 Hardware & Benchmark
- 0.4 Kodi Support
- 0.5 Web Camera Support
- 0.6 Where to buy Unuiga T96 Pro TV Box
- 0.7 Specification:
- 0.8 More
- 1 Finally, check out our other Unuiga TV box Reviews
Design and Build Quality
We’re both good. The unit top surface comes with a Diamond pattern look style and also the case is plastic made that looked solid. At the bottom of the unit. You have many vent holes that are used to cool the unit. After playing with the unit for few day’s general impression is that the case doesn’t heat much. This is a good indication that all the extra heat gets out properly and cool the PCB inside. In the perimeter of the case, the company added a transparent plastic for the LED illumination. Visible when the unit is turned on or off.
System & Software
The interface is pretty basic, based on Amlogic’s launcher. With a tile-style layout which can be rearranged dynamically according to the personal user preferences. Device ROM is Rooted running under Android 6.0.1 OS that is more responsive. And accessible with a few cosmetic changes in comparison to previous android 5.0 lollipop OS.
Hardware & Benchmark
Performance under Android OS was noticeable since the device is powered by a fast Octa-core (8 cores) CPU running in clock frequencies ranging from 100 MHz up to 1500 MHz (Peak). That said, everything worked smooth and fast. Benchmark score with the T96 was high as expected from an Octa-core processor. The 3D Rank score that ranked very high do the powerful Mali-T820MP3 that’s equipped with three shader cores that highly contribute both for in playing games and when playing high-bit-rate video files with Kodi since the video decoding is mainly done through the GPU unit.
Worked well as Amlogic hardware provides the best compatibility with Kodi software. The T96 Box came pre-installed containing Kodi 16.1 with all the popular add-ons for streaming video online. From 3GB of RAM, without loading additional residential apps in the background the user is left with approximately of ~1.8GB of free available memory under Kodi environment.
Web Camera Support
The video conferencing feature may be not something many people are using, but for this review, I tested the T96 with two types of web cameras to see if they are identified under Android 6.0.1 OS. On both of my tests, I used a Logitech Pro 9000 and a Gsou A20 that is a low-cost generic brand of camera, sold mainly in China and can be found in various shops in AliExpress platform.
The overall result for both cameras was good and they worked well testing with a few camera applications download from google play store to make sure they are working properly under the Android operating system, which they did.
Where to buy Unuiga T96 Pro TV Box
You can buy the Unuiga T96 Pro TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
CPU: Amlogic S912 octa-core ARM Cortex A53 processor @up to 2.0GHz
GPU : ARM Mali-820MP3 @up to 750MHz
OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Memory: 3GB DDR3
Storage: 16GB eMMC flash + micro SD slot up to 32GB
Video Output: HDMI 2.0a with HDR and CEC support up to 4K @ 60 fps, and AV port for composite output
Audio Output: HDMI, AV (stereo audio), and optical S/PDIF
Video codecs: VP9-10 profile 2 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.265 MP-10@L5.1 up to 4K 60fps, H.264 AVC up to 4K @ 30 fps, H.264 MVC up to 1080p60, MPEG-4, WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP, AVS-P16(AVS+)/AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile, MPEG-2 MP/HL, MPEG-1 MP/HL, and RealVideo 8/9/10 all up to 1080p60
Audio codecs: MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, Ogg, and support for 5.1 down-mixing
Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band WiFi 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0
USB: 4x USB 2.0 ports
Misc: IR receiver, LEDs backlight
Power Supply: 5V/2A
Dimensions: 12.50 x 12.00 x 1.50 cm
1x Power Supply (EU/UK/US)
1x Remote control
1x T96 PRO Plus
1x HDMI Cable
Finally, check out our other Unuiga TV box Reviews
- Unuiga T96 Pro TV Box Review Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Unuiga T96 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The T96 is very easy to operate like most Android TV Boxes out there. Basically, you only have one touch type power button to turn the unit on/off. The other functions can be operated via IR Remote control that is also included in the package. When you turn the ... Read more...
- Unuiga MXQ R9 TV Box Review Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Unuiga MXQ R9 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The device runs Android 4.4 with Kodi 16, and the specs list 10-bit H.264 and H.265, without mention of VP9 (but it should support it up to 4K @ 30 fps), and will ship with an IR remote control, an HDMI cable, a power adapter and a user’s ... Read more...
- Unuiga U1 TV Box Review Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Unuiga U1 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Unuiga U1 Remix 2.0 TV Box can changes your traditional TV or LCD Monitor into a multimedia center by connecting the Internet (Via WiFi or RJ45), just like a giant Tablet PC. It can combine the Internet and the traditional TV to build a new entertainment system, letting you ... Read more...
Touch Power button
Good Design & Build Quality
Good compatibility with Kodi
No external WiFi Antenna
Only two USB Host ports