- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
4.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
Equipped with PowerVR G6110 GPU, UGOOS UT4 TV Box can provide you with smooth experience to watch a video or play games. With 16G ROM memory and 32G extendable capacity, you can download whatever you like, keep them and enjoy them. Therefore, your home will become your personal entertainment center. All in all, its powerful functions give you outstanding effect which is worthwhile for you to possess.
Ugoos UT4 is one of many Rockchip RK3368 TV boxes available on the market today, but it’s one of the models with higher-end specifications including 2 GB RAM, and 16 GB flash, as well as Gigabit Ethernet and 802.11ac WiFi, Ugoos offers regular firmware updates for their devices, and as I found out in Ugoos UT4 specs and teardown post, the mini PC features a fan to keep the device cool at all times. Today, I’ll focus on reviewing the firmware including video playback capabilities, performance and whether advertised features work as they should.
- 0.1 Ugoos UT4 Box
- 0.2 Main Features:
- 0.3 Where to buy UGOOS UT4 TV Box
- 0.4 Specification
- 0.5 Media Supported
- 0.6 Product Details
- 0.7 Firmware Information
- 0.8 Power Requirement
- 0.9 Dimension and Weight
- 0.10 Package Contents
- 1 Finally, check out our other Ugoos TV box Reviews
Ugoos UT4 Box
Ugoos UT4 is an unassuming black box (matte finish) made of aluminium. UT4 is heavy-ish, not as light as other plastic devices. But it does mean better heat dissipation. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the high performance offered by this newcomer, and you might be too.
The UT4 offers support for Ultra High-Definition (UHD) 4K video playback right out of the box. This means you can get an incredibly clear picture, better image texture and a lot less pixelated than on regular high-definition signals.
The UT4 includes a dual-band Wi-Fi connection with an external antenna to allow for maximum network stability. Firmware updates are available Over The Air (OTA), so you don’t need to manually download and install new releases on your own. I have already had 3 updates over the course of using the box, Ugoos are renowned for their faith to updating older products with some boxes that are 2 years old, still getting updates.
● Android 5.1: Rapid and stable system, gives you high-speed feedback and smooth response.
● 4K x 2K UHD video playback, HDMI 2.0 connector: You can directly have best multimedia experience with your family and friends.
● Dual-band WiFi offers a more stable WiFi signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience.
● 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM, 32G extendable capacity gives you more space to download your favorite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
● Infrared remote control lets you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you.
Where to buy UGOOS UT4 TV Box
You can buy the UGOOS UT4 TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
Type: TV Box
System: Android 5.1
Core: Octa Core
GPU: PowerVR G6110
RAM: 2G RAM
RAM Type: DDR3
ROM: 16G ROM
Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
TV Box Features: Antenna
Video format: 4K x 2K,H.264,H.265
Audio format: AAC,AFE,FLAC,M4A,MP3,OGA,OGG,WAV,WMA
Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG,PNG,TIFF
WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Power Supply: Charge Adapter
Interface: AV,DC Power Port,HDMI,LAN,Optical,OTG,TF card,USB2.0
System Bit: 64Bit
Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 0.2620 kg
Package weight: 0.8200 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 11.50 x 11.50 x 2.20 cm / 4.53 x 4.53 x 0.87 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 16.00 x 14.70 x 8.50 cm / 6.3 x 5.79 x 3.35 inches
1 x UGOOS UT4 TV Box
1 x USB Cable
1 x Antenna
1 x English Manual
Finally, check out our other Ugoos TV box Reviews
- UGOOS UT2 Android Mini TV Box Review UGOOS UT2 Android Mini TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review UGOOS UT2 Android Mini TV Box is the most recent generation apparatus to put in your household and modify the way you live as it’s a Quad Core 1.6GHz CPU, DDR3 2GB RAM, 32GB Nand Flash, 2.4GHz + 5GHz Dual Band WiFi, DLNA as well as Bluetooth ... Read more...
- Ugoos UT3+ TV Box Review Ugoos UT3+ TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Ugoos UT3+ TV Box is a high-performance TV box, which runs on steady Android 5.1.1 system. Ultra-large capacity ensures more smooth and flexible operation. And it is reliable and safe to use in your home. The most important features are an HDMI IN with PiP (Picture in Picture) ... Read more...
- Ugoos UM4 TV Dongle Review Ugoos UM4 TV Dongle Review By Android TV Box Review UGOOS UM4 TV Dongle is an excellent choice for you, which can bring you fabulous using experience with advanced technology, high-performance, and high-compatibility. Ultra-large capacity ensures more smooth and flexible operation. File Server: File server (Samba) allows sharing files among different OS devices in the local network. This feature was ... Read more...
- Ugoos UT6 TV Box Review Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Ugoos UT6 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review – Ugoos Settings.Distinctive features among usual TV Boxes and Ugoos branded devices make your user experience more easy and convenient. In this update we add most important and useful: – File (Samba) Server. File server allows sharing files among different OS devices in the local network. This feature was one ... Read more...
- Ugoos UG-430 TV Box Review Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Ugoos UG-430 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Where to buy Ugoos UG-430 TV Box You can buy the Ugoos UG-430 TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay Specification Operation System: Android 5.1.1 Language: Chinese, English…Multi-Language support Chipset: RK3368 Octa core cortex-a53,,up to 1.5GHZ Main Frequency: PowerVR G6110 GPU, fully OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, OpenGL 3.2 and DirectX 9.3, OpenCL1.2 compliant SDRAM: DDR3 2GB Nand Flash: ... Read more...
- Ugoos AM2 TV Box Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Ugoos AM2 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Applying the same form factor as its predecessor-UM3 with some minor tweaks, Ugoos AM2 turns out an Android stick-PC rather than a full size streaming TV box. This allows the unit to be more compact. It is based on the Amlogic S905 platform, which includes the Cortex-A53 quad-core CPU ... Read more...
- Ugoos AM3 TV Box Review Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Ugoos AM3 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Ugoos are back with their latest model that is sure to be a hit for 2017, the AM3. This TV box from established smart TV box specialist Ugoos has a great lineup of specs and features and comes at a cheap price. This Android TV box is rocking the ... Read more...
- UGOOS UT4 TV Box Review Reviewed by Android TV Box Review UGOOS UT4 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Equipped with PowerVR G6110 GPU, UGOOS UT4 TV Box can provide you with smooth experience to watch a video or play games. With 16G ROM memory and 32G extendable capacity, you can download whatever you like, keep them and enjoy them. Therefore, your home will become your personal entertainment ... Read more...
- Ugoos AM1 TV Box Review Reviewed by Android TV Box Review Ugoos AM1 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Equipped with Penta Core Mali-450MP GPU, UGOOS AM1 TV Box can provide you with smooth experience to watch video or play games. With 16G ROM memory, you can download whatever you like, keep them and enjoy them. Therefore, your home will become your personal entertainment center. All in all, ... Read more...
Stable firmware, and responsive most of the time
Constant performance throughout thanks to the cooling fan, which provides better performance than equivalent RK3368 based devices
Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 2160p 60Hz; 24/25/30/50/60 Hz refresh rates supported, and AV
Fairly good Kodi support with working 4K H.265 video playback, and Dolby 5.1, Dolby+7.1, DTS-HD and TrueHD audio pass-through via HDMI and S/PDIF.
Very good WiFi performance, especially 802.11ac, and 802.11n is above average.
Fast read speed of internal storage, leading to fast boot time (< 30 seconds) and app loading 4 USB ports allow for good expandability 3D games are running well, even after playing for several minutes
Powering off the device does not work (UT4 appears to hang)
Kodi issue – Automatic frame rate switching is not working, some videos will freeze a short time a few seconds after the beginning of the video, most videos don’t have the option to adjust the zoom level.
Bluetooth file transfer does not work, at least with my smartphone
IR remote control has a relatively short range (4 meters)
No Dolby and DTS licenses, so there will be no audio if you use PCM output in some applications (Kodi is OK).
Lack of Widewine and PlayReady DRM which might be an issue with some premium video streaming apps, or a least limit their capabilities.
Relatively slow write speed of the internal storage may lead to some slowdowns (does not happen often)
The fan is always spinning, and audible in quiet room at one or two meters (I don’t really notice it personally, but some people may do).
UI bugs – Icon highlight misalignment when hiding or showing the task bar, volume settings may not be remembered