- Readers Rating
- Rated 2 stars
2 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The Tronsmart MXIII Plus is one of the most popular TV boxes with Android on the market. This is due to the fact that even though it is quite advanced and offers a lot of features, users can simply plug it in and run the apps or visualize high-quality videos. This makes this device extremely easy to use, especially when compared with one of its competitors, the Minix Neo X8-H Plus, a device that needs a bit of configuration before users can actually enjoy its features.
Even more, the Tronsmart team offers continuous support for all their devices and you can contact them on the forum or via email anytime you have a problem with the TV Box. Also, the firmware is constantly updated according to users’ feedback, thus correcting any software issues that may appear.
One of the problems that could appear is caused by voltage fluctuations from a low-quality power adapter as the Amlogic CPU is quite sensitive to this. This is why producers strongly recommend ensuring the power adapter is in its best shape and the HDMI cable is high-end.
- 0.1 Design & Functionality
- 0.2 Hardware
- 0.3 Software
- 0.4 Where to buy Tronsmart MXIII Plus
- 0.5 Specification
- 0.6 Communication
- 0.7 Media Supported
- 0.8 Dimension & Weight (Main Product)
- 1 Finally, check out our other Tronsmart TV box Reviews
Design & Functionality
The TV Box is small and compact with a slim design that promotes simplicity and elegance. The box itself is black and it can be easily hidden under furniture or behind the TV. Still, you need to keep the line of sight for the remote control to work.
The IR remote control is medium in size and the material is an average quality plastic that seems capable to resist mild to medium shocks. You will find the design is very common and it resembles most of the TV remotes on the market right now.
One great advantage the MXIII Plus has over competitor products is the possibility to stream directly from other Android or iOS devices using DLNA, Airplay or Miracast. This way, you can screencast your phone game on the big screen and play it at a better resolution.
The engine is represented by an Amlogic S812 Quad Core processor that goes up to 2.0GHz of speed and the RAM memory capacity is 2GB DDR3 which allows great movement between apps. The GPU is an octa-core ARM Mali-450 running at 600MHz, the fact that allows users to run high-quality videos.
Besides the great engine and fantastic GPU, the Tronsmart MXIII Plus also offers 8GB storage space for OS and other various apps. The device is equipped with 3 channels, allowing users to connect to the internet via WiFi, cable (it has an RJ-45 port built-in) and Bluetooth.
The Tronsmart MXIII Plus comes with Android 5.1.1, the fact that places this device in front of his competitor, the Minix Neo X8-H Plus running a lower version of Android.
The device comes with some pre-installed apps like XBMC or Netflix and allows users to install and run their favorite apps. The XBMC is very well paired with a Dolby & DTS 5.1 channels sound system that can transform your living room into a veritable home theatre.
MXIII Plus works on the basis of the operating system Android 5.1 with all standard services, and the Google Play application catalogue traditionally offers its collection of games and applications, both paid and free. The WiFi adapter provides access to the Network with adequate coverage, and you can also use a wired LAN connection 10/100/1000.
To update the Tronsmart mini-computer it is not necessary to change the firmware because in this model everything happens automatically with the help of the OTA function (air update). Buy MXIII Plus can be in our online store with a guarantee of 12 months without prepayment with delivery to any city in Ukraine.
Where to buy Tronsmart MXIII Plus
You can buy the Tronsmart MXIII Plus from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
Model: MXIII Plus
Operating System: Android 5.1
CPU: Amlogic S812 Quad Core up to 2.0GHz (Cortex-A9)
GPU: Octa-core ARM Mali-450 GPU up to 600MHz
RAM: DDR3 2GB
ROM: Onboard eMMC Flash 16GB
Extended Storage: Micro SD Card (Maximum support 32GB)
Wifi Connectivity: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, WiFi compliant; 2.400 GHz ~ 2.497 GHz (2.4 GHz ISM Band); 4.900 GHz ~ 5.845 GHz (5.0 GHz ISM Band), ap6330
Ethernet: 10/100/1000M LAN
Video Supported: H.264 HP@L5.1 up to 4Kx2K@30fps
H.264 MVC up to 1080P@60fps
MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-14496)
WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
AVS JiZhun Profile up to 1080P@60fps
MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-13818)
MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-11172)
RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P@60fps
H.265 HEVC up to 720P
WebM up to VGA
Multiple languages and multiple format sub-title video support
MJPEG and JPEG unlimited pixel resolution decoding (ISO/IEC-10918)
Supports JPEG thumbnail, scaling, rotation and transition effects
Audio Supported Support: MP3, AAC, WMA, RM, FLAC, OGG
Picture Supported: Mkv,WMV,mpg,MPEG,DAT,AVI,MOV,iso,mp4,rm ,jpg,etc.
HDMI Port: Standard HDMI female
Other Interfaces: 2 x USB; RJ45; card slot, micro USB with OTG ; DC in Jack; *S/SPDIF (2CH, 5.1CH);1 HDMI A Type;1 x AV Port
Power: 5V 2A
Antenna: Built-in antenna for WIFI
IR Sensor: 1*IR
Power LED: 1*power LED with two colors
Button: 1*Power Button;1*Update Button(via one pinhole)
Keyboard: Qwerty keyboard
UI: Support original ecology and custom UI
Work Environment: 5°C–35°C,30%–90% Humidity
Storage Environment: -20°C–60°C,10%–90% Humidity
Dimension & Weight (Main Product)
1 x TV box
IR remote control
1 x HDMI cable
Power adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country)
Finally, check out our other Tronsmart TV box Reviews
- Tronsmart Vega S96 TV Box Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart Vega S96 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart Vega S96 is based on the same small box as the S95 Vega variants, and so offers quite a simple and elegant design. It’s made of black matte plastic and contains plenty of ports – USB, Micro-SD, and SPDIF on top of the customary HDMI and power ... Read more...
- Tronsmart MXIII Plus Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart MXIII Plus Review By Android TV Box Review The Tronsmart MXIII Plus is one of the most popular TV boxes with Android on the market. This is due to the fact that even though it is quite advanced and offers a lot of features, users can simply plug it in and run the apps or visualize high-quality videos. ... Read more...
- Tronsmart R68 TV Box Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart R68 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Tronsmart Orion R68 is Tronsmart’s latest Android TV box and their first featuring the increasingly popular Rockchip RK3368. It’s available in two versions. The Pro features 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage whilst the Meta increases both with 2GB of RAM and 16Gb of onboard storage. The R68’s ... Read more...
- Tronsmart Pavo M9 TV Box Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart Pavo M9 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Tronsmart Pavo M9’s design an unobtrusive black square that follows in the footsteps of Tronsmart’s recent designs. It stays out of the way but I can’t help but wish they made something that looked distinctive. The plastic Pavo M9 is surprisingly better-looking than the metal Draco HW80. A ... Read more...
- Tronsmart Draco H3 TV Stick Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart Draco H3 TV Stick Review By Android TV Box Review The Tronsmart Draco H3 is roughly the same size as other stick-shaped mini PCs such as the MK808B Plus or Intel Compute Stick. It’s covered in a nice rubberized coating which feels great and makes the device feel more expensive than it actually is. The design is military-inspired, ... Read more...
- Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV Box Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Tronsmart Draco AW80 is an ultra-compact high specification mini PC / TV box that connects directly to your HDTV for a massive world of online entertainment. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, productivity apps and so much more. ... Read more...
- Tronsmart Ara IZ37 Mini PC Review Reviewed by Android TV Box review Tronsmart Ara IZ37 Mini PC Review By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart has got the official authorization from Microsoft, so the original and already activated Windows 10 are available on Ara IZ37 directly. With the official key, users can update to Windows 10 directly. Beautiful Power LED indicator The power LED indicator features Ara IZ37 the exclusive mould. Power on and ... Read more...
Over the air software update
Great hardware configuration
Plug and play
Comes with the newest firmware
Great wireless speed
It might have problems with voltage variations