- Readers Rating
- Rated 2.8 stars
2.8 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
The Tronsmart Draco AW80 is an ultra-compact high specification mini PC / TV box that connects directly to your HDTV for a massive world of online entertainment. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, productivity apps and so much more. The Tronsmart Draco AW80 is also perfect for streaming your multimedia, media playback, web surfing, and video streaming apps such as YouTube and Amazon Prime. With full native support for crystal clear 4K FHD and the latest Allwinner A81 under the hood, experience the next level of multimedia entertainment with the stunning Tronsmart Draco AW80.
- 0.1 Tronsmart Draco AW8 design
- 0.2 Tronsmart Draco AW80 media player
- 0.3 Tronsmart Draco AW80
- 0.4 Tronsmart Draco AW80 Main Features:
- 0.5 Where to buy Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV Box
- 0.6 Specification
- 0.7 Media Supported
- 0.8 Product Details
- 0.9 Dimension and Weight
- 1 Finally, check out our other Tronsmart TV box Reviews
Tronsmart Draco AW8 design
The design of the Draco AW80 is functional, almost industrial. The case is made of aluminium, to help to cool, and it is peppered with ports and connectors. The box is painted black, but to add a bit of style the edges are machined to reveal the metal. It is powered by an external power supply and connects to your TV via HDMI. On the front is a small window for the remote control sensor along with a power LED. On the back are the HDMI port, the Wi-Fi antenna, the power connector, an Ethernet port, a 3.5mm AV jack port, and an OTG USB port. There are two more USB ports on the side, along with an SD card slot and an e-SATA connector. Tronsmart provides an e-SATA cable in the box, along with a HDMI cable.
Tronsmart Draco AW80 media player
The Tronsmart Draco AW80 media player comes with a special remote control that is designed to work with Android. There are buttons for Home, Back, Menu, volume up, volume down, as well as direction buttons. Stock Android is mainly used on devices with a touchscreen, however, it is possible to use it with just remote! You navigate from one UI element to the next using the direction keys and the OK button means “tap”. When needed, the keyboard appears on the screen and each letter needs to be selected and then OK pressed.
Tronsmart Draco AW80
The remote does become a bit annoying after a few minutes! This particular remote control also has a mouse model. When activated the direction keys move the mouse a few pixels in the relevant direction and OK mean “tap”. This is useful when the remote alone doesn’t handle the UI. However, the best way to use the box is with USB mouse. You can then quickly navigate around and just use the remote control for pausing videos or adjusting the volume while sitting on your sofa! The need for at least a mouse is universally true of all the Android media boxes that I have tested. It is the compromise you need to accept for running a full version of Android on a non-touch screen device. With a mouse connected the box is very usable, even my kids started to use it without much of a learning curve.
Tronsmart Draco AW80 Main Features:
Features 2GB RAM 16GB eMMC storage ROM(with support for SD card up to 32GB).
Allwinner A81 Cortex-A7 Octa-Core 28nm CPU, burst speed up to 2.0GHz: Stable, efficient and reliable.
802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz / 5.0GHz dual-band WiFi: Connect effortlessly in a world without wires.
Bluetooth 4.0: Easy pairing with all your devices (computer, mobile phone, keyboard, etc.).
Operating system: Android 4.4, gives you access to over 800,000 apps including Facebook, YouTube, Picasa and many others.
USB 2.0 / SATA / OTG ports: For webcams, keyboard, mouse, external hard drives, USB sticks and more.
HDMI connector: Set up your home cinema for the best 1080P / 4K FHD multimedia experience.
Support DLNA, Airplay, Miracast.
Where to buy Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV Box
You can buy the Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
Model: Draco AW80
System: Android 4.4
CPU: Allwinner A80
Core: 2.0GHz,Octa Core,Cortex A7
Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
TV Box Features: Antenna
Decoder Format: H.265/AVC
Video format: 1080P,AVI,MKV,RMVB,WMV,RM,MOV,MPEG-4,4K
Audio format: AC3,WMA,AAC,MP3,OGG,WAV,MPEG
Photo Format: JPEG, GIF, BMP
WIFI: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Power Supply: Charge Adapter
Interface: HDMI,OTG,USB2.0,AV,RJ45,SD Card Slot
Other Features: Support 4K, DLNA, Airplay, Miracast
Dimension and Weight
Product weight: 0.782 kg
Package weight: 1.20 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 11.0 x 11.0 x 2.5 cm / 4.32 x 4.32 x 0.98 inches
Package size (L x W x H): 21.2 x 21.2 x 8.7 cm / 8.33 x 8.33 x 3.42 inches
1 x TV Box
EU Plug Power Adapter
1 x Remote Control
1 x USB Cable
1 x English User Manual
Finally, check out our other Tronsmart TV box Reviews
- Tronsmart Vega S96 TV Box Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart Vega S96 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart Vega S96 is based on the same small box as the S95 Vega variants, and so offers quite a simple and elegant design. It’s made of black matte plastic and contains plenty of ports – USB, Micro-SD, and SPDIF on top of the customary HDMI and power ... Read more...
- Tronsmart MXIII Plus Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart MXIII Plus Review By Android TV Box Review The Tronsmart MXIII Plus is one of the most popular TV boxes with Android on the market. This is due to the fact that even though it is quite advanced and offers a lot of features, users can simply plug it in and run the apps or visualize high-quality videos. ... Read more...
- Tronsmart R68 TV Box Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart R68 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Tronsmart Orion R68 is Tronsmart’s latest Android TV box and their first featuring the increasingly popular Rockchip RK3368. It’s available in two versions. The Pro features 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage whilst the Meta increases both with 2GB of RAM and 16Gb of onboard storage. The R68’s ... Read more...
- Tronsmart Pavo M9 TV Box Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart Pavo M9 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Tronsmart Pavo M9’s design an unobtrusive black square that follows in the footsteps of Tronsmart’s recent designs. It stays out of the way but I can’t help but wish they made something that looked distinctive. The plastic Pavo M9 is surprisingly better-looking than the metal Draco HW80. A ... Read more...
- Tronsmart Draco H3 TV Stick Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart Draco H3 TV Stick Review By Android TV Box Review The Tronsmart Draco H3 is roughly the same size as other stick-shaped mini PCs such as the MK808B Plus or Intel Compute Stick. It’s covered in a nice rubberized coating which feels great and makes the device feel more expensive than it actually is. The design is military-inspired, ... Read more...
- Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV Box Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Tronsmart Draco AW80 is an ultra-compact high specification mini PC / TV box that connects directly to your HDTV for a massive world of online entertainment. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on-demand sports, music, photos, games, productivity apps and so much more. ... Read more...
- Tronsmart Ara IZ37 Mini PC Review Reviewed by Android TV Box review Tronsmart Ara IZ37 Mini PC Review By Android TV Box Review Tronsmart has got the official authorization from Microsoft, so the original and already activated Windows 10 are available on Ara IZ37 directly. With the official key, users can update to Windows 10 directly. Beautiful Power LED indicator The power LED indicator features Ara IZ37 the exclusive mould. Power on and ... Read more...
64-core PowerVR G6230 GPU
Android Kit 4.4
50,000+ AnTuTu score
Hard to use with just the remote control
Tronsmart Draco AW80 TV Box with Allwinner A80 CPU