- Readers Rating
- Rated 3 stars
3 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
Tronfy MXIV Telos TV Box comes with a Gigabit Ethernet port. The performance was respectable but predictably under the theoretical maximum. Upload and download speeds were 337.7 Mbps and 176.9 Mbps respectively.
- 1 Bluetooth controller
- 2 Tronfy MXIV Telos Networking Performance
- 3 Wireless Performance
- 4 Main Feature:
- 5 S812 Quad-core Chip
- 6 Android 5.1
- 7 2GB RAM & 16GB ROM
- 8 Eshare Function
- 9 Pre-install Video Software
- 10 Where to buy TRONFY MXIV Telos TV Box
- 11 You can buy the TRONFY MXIV Telos TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- 12 Specifications
- 13 Package Contents:
- 14 Pros
- 15 Cons
- 16 Share this:
- 17 Like this:
- 18 Related
I was able to successfully pair my iPega PG-9025 Bluetooth controller and navigate the UI. However, attempting to play Beach Buggy Racing saw Google Play Services continuously crash. I had similar issues with both my Moga Pro Power and iPazzport Bluetooth Keyboard.
Unpairing the Bluetooth controller saw the issue disappear so it seems there’s a bug in the firmware that Tronfy will hopefully fix.
Tronfy MXIV Telos Networking Performance
Networking performance was tested using WiFi Speed Test. 100Mb of data is transferred between the device and a PC running the benchmarking server application. This is repeated 3 times for each direction and the average is taken.
The Tronfy MXIV Telos’ wifi performance was solid. Wifi upload and download speeds were 16.3 and 93.8Mbps respectively.
In terms of real-world performance, streaming 1080p and 4K video via wifi from an NFS share was fine.
S812 Quad-core Chip
Excellent performance with S812 Quad-core processor, Octa-core GPU. Adding H.265/HEVC video decoding up to 4K could be also used as a pretty good gaming platform or a media center.
Enjoy customization on the highly evolved Android Kit Kat 5.1. Support OTA Updating & install add-ons. Enjoy the best of Google with voice commands, hangouts app, and Google Drive to ease your life.
2GB RAM & 16GB ROM
Powered by a 2.0GHz Quad-core processor. Stop restricting yourself to just one app at a time as the 2GB RAM lets you multitask effortlessly.
It’s a multi-screen interaction application for smartphone or tablet to interact with TV.
Pre-install Video Software
Pre-install XBMC (Kodi 14.2) FULLY-LOADED media center, XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats around. You can stream your multimedia from anywhere in the house or directly from the internet.
Where to buy TRONFY MXIV Telos TV Box
You can buy the TRONFY MXIV Telos TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Brand: TRONFY
- Operating System: Android 5.1
- Chipset: Amlogic S812
- Output Resolution: 4K
- RAM: 2GB
- NAND Flash: 16GB
- CPU: Cortex-A9 Quad-core
- GPU: Mali-450 Octa core
- Processor Frequency: 2.0GHz
- Memory Card Type: Micro SD/TF card
- Max Extended Capacity: 32GB
- Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, FLAC, AC3
- Video Formats: MP4, 3GP, AVI, FLV, RMVB, MKV, MOV, MPG
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Google Play Store: Support
- Gigabit Ethernet: Support
- External HDD: Support
- Support Language: English, Russian, Afrikaans, Amharic, Indonesian, Catalonian, Czech, Danish, German, Spanish, French, Croatian, Italian, Lithuanian, Hungarian, Malay, Dutch, Polish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Romansh, Slovak, Slovenian, Finnish, Swedish, Swahili, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Turkish, Zulu, Greek, Bulgarian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Hebrew, Arabic, Persian, Hindi, Thai, Korean, Japanese, Chinese
- Material: ABS
Size: 115 x 115 x 26 mm / 4.53 x 4.53 x 1.02 inch
- Net Weight: 196 g / 6.91 oz
- TV BOX
- Power Adapter (Note: Right plug of adapter would be sent according to your shipping country)
- HDMI Cable
- OTG Cable
- IR Remote Controller
- User Manual
Android Lollipop firmware
Very good Ethernet and good WiFi performance
Relatively fast internal storage
Video Output – 1080p 24/50/60 Hz, 4K @ 24/25/30Hz, etc…
Hardware video decoding for H.265 4K up to 30Hz in “4K MoviePlayer”
Bluetooth works for file transfer, Sixaxis gamepad, Bluetooth low energy, and Bluetooth headset.
Power handled by MCU with support for proper power off.
Skype works fine
Two launchers available
Tronfy MXIV TV Box with Amlogic S812 CPU
Pre-installed Kodi is a disaster: many videos play at the wrong size (Zoomed out in the top left corner), several videos can’t play at all (black screen), H.265 is not working, audio pass-through is not working
Dolby and DTS audio not supported outside of Kodi.
Settings app will crash, so several settings are not accessible including audio output selection (PC/pass-through).
Incorrect partition size detected on USB hard drive leading to read-only partitions
Slow boot time (100 seconds will USB devices attached)