- Readers Rating
- Rated 2 stars
2 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
RKM MK902II TV Box includes everything you’d expect an Android streaming box to include. It comes with a wireless infrared remote control, power supply, composite video cable and a male-to-male USB cable. The male-to-male USB cable might seem a bit out of place. You’ll use it when you hook the MK902II up to your PC in order to upgrade the ROM. Don’t worry, if you like the way the device works out of the box, you’ll never need to use it. It’s nice to have, just in case, though.
Like most other Android mini PCs, there’s an external WiFi antenna. Unlike most other devices, though, this one is not removable – at least not easily enough to make me feel I wasn’t going to break it. The antennas on the MINIX Neo X8 or the SkyStreamX boxes had antennas that attached to brass threaded screws. The plastic base of the RKM MK902II’s antenna is permanently attached to the case.
The included remote control is a basic infrared (IR) remote. It’s got the basic buttons you’d expect, including media controls at the bottom of the remote, a prominently positioned “Back” button, a four-direction D-Pad as well as Home, Mute and Menu buttons. It also includes a power button so you’ll be able to turn the RKM MK902II on and off from the remote. One catch, though. If you completely shut down the device – in other words, not simply put it to sleep, you won’t be able to turn it on with the remote. You’ll need to do that part manually.
The menu systems for Android mini-PCs have come a long way since the original Rikomagic MK802. Back then, you got the basic Android home screen, and maybe a custom folder – if you’re lucky. Now, if a device doesn’t have a slick, custom interface it makes us think the designers rushed the product into production.
There are a lot of similarities between the new, custom interface of the RKM MK902II and one of my other favorites, the MINIX Neo X-8’s launchpad. Both will give you large, Metro-style icons which can easily be seen from across the room.
The major difference is stylistic. The MINIX desktop is a dark-skin, almost overpowering with it’s black and green accents. It’s very similar to the original Xbox dashboard from 2001 – heavy on the “”dark” and “cool.”
The Rikomagic dashboard, by contrast, is more cheerful. The color scheme is still based on a dark-blue starfield, but the icons themselves are more bright and cheerful. The time and settings screen is much more noticeable on the right-hand side of the screen. It’s nice that the clock is easily read at a glance, even from a distance.
The focus is apparent right away. I get the impression the designers were obsessed with making sure everyone who looked at this screen could tell it was a video player first, and everything else second. Your eyes are instantly drawn to the full-color XBMC logo and Google Play logos. The Browser and Gallery icons are also set to a high-contrast background to grab your attention. The way the RKM MK902II is set up, you’ll spend most of the time using those four easy-to-find icons.
Where to buy Rikomagic MK902II TV Box
You can buy the Rikomagic MK902II TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Model: MK902II
- Material: ABS Plastic
- Operating System: Android 4.4
- CPU: Rockchip 3288 Quad Core
- GPU: Mali-T764 3D GPU (OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 /3.0, and OpenCL 1.1)
- Processor Frequency: Cortex-A17, Up to 1.8GHZ
- Menu Language: English, Greek, Danish, Norwegian, Dutch, Arabic, Turkish, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesia, Korean, Thai, French, Maltese, Hungarian, German, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Polish
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 16GB
- Max Extended Capacity: 64GB
- Supports Card Type: SD
- Browser: Browse webpage
- Bluetooth Version: V4.0
- Video Format: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, H.265, AVS, VC-1, RV, VP6/VP8, MVC (1080p) Sorenson Spark, MVC up to 4K2K @ 60fps
- Audio Formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, OGA, APE, FLAC, AAC, M4A, 3GPP etc.
- Music: Can be connected to the Internet, listen to music online
- WiFi: Dual Band 802.11 b/g/n
- RJ45: Support Gigabit network
- Flash: Support flash 11.1 or later
- Ports: HDMI, AV output, optical, RJ45 (Gigabit network), Micro SD slot, USB host x 3, USB Slave x 1, DC IN (5V 2.5A)
- Mini TV Player
- HDMI Cable
- AV Cable
- USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- User Manual
Finally, check out our other Rikomagic TV box Reviews
- Rikomagic RKM MK22 TV Box Review Rikomagic RKM MK22 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Rikomagic RKM MK22 TV Box runs Android 6.0 with Amlogic S912 Octa-core CPU which guarantees the high performance and stability. MK22 TV Box has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of Flash, Gigabit Ethernet and Dual Band WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n. Design: The case is made ... Read more...
- Rikomagic MK68 TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Rikomagic MK68 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Rikomagic RKM MK68 TV Box is equipped with RK3368 Cortex-A53 CPU and PowerVR G6110 GPU, which means you will have a smooth experience when using it watching HD movie or playing a game etc. 2G RAM, 16G ROM, and 32G maximum extend capacity will give you enough space ... Read more...
- Rikomagic MK902II TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV box Review Rikomagic MK902II TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review RKM MK902II TV Box includes everything you’d expect an Android streaming box to include. It comes with a wireless infrared remote control, power supply, composite video cable and a male-to-male USB cable. The male-to-male USB cable might seem a bit out of place. You’ll use it when you ... Read more...
- Rikomagic MK902S TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV box Review Rikomagic MK902S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review RIKOMAGIC MK902 II is a beautiful small computer at an amazing price and outstanding performance. Promote your TV to the versatile Smart TV that you adapt to numerous applications for a wide range of Internet services. Compared to ordinary smart TVs, you can also enjoy games on this ... Read more...
- Rikomagic V5 TV Stick Review, Reviewed By Android TV box Review Rikomagic V5 TV Stick Review By Android TV Box Review The Rikomagic V5 TV Stick got its name because it is the fifth version of Rikomagic’s stick PC’s that began back with the MK802. Like the MK902II, the RKM V5 is based on the newer RK3288 quad-core CPU but somehow manages to shrink the case down to a ... Read more...
- Rikomagic MK36 TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV box Review Rikomagic MK36 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Rikomagic RKM-MK36 Mini WiFi TV BOX is a smart Dual OS Mini PC with Windows and Android OS. ( Also called Internet TV BOX, set-top box, OTT box, etc.) Once connect this player to the HDMI interface of TV, it will convert the regular TV into a Smart ... Read more...
- Rikomagic MK802IV TV Stick Review, Reviewed By Android TV box Review Rikomagic MK802IV TV Stick Review By Android TV Box Review Rikomagic MK802IV TV Stick series are minicomputers the size of a USB key running Android, that connect to your TV with an HDMI cable. This turns your TV into a smart TV for a minimal cost and at an extremely low power consumption. These Mini PCs can be ... Read more...
- Rikomagic MK06 TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV box Review Rikomagic MK06 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Rikomagic MK06 TV Box has played it safe with the design of their latest Android TV box. Reusing the case from the MK12 and MK68, the Rikomagic MK06 is a black square with a single rounded corner. The top plate features a subtle geometric pattern and the whole ... Read more...
- Rikomagic MK05 TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV box Review Rikomagic MK05 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Rikomagic MK05 TV Box is high-level full HD 1080P quad-core Android 4.4 Mini PC / TV Box which is equipped with a popular Amlogic S805 chipset, it brings you high performance for home entertainment center. It’s the easiest way to enjoy online movies, live and on-demand sports, music, ... Read more...
Rikomagic MK902II TV Box with Rockchip RK3288 CPU