- Readers Rating
- Rated 3 stars
3 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
PROBOX2 Air Plus TV Box is an upgrade from the PROBOX2 Air. It is now equipped with a much more powerful processor, an added ram, and more storage. We’ve tried it out and we can tell you that this is a nice addition to your entertainment area or home theater room.
The handy Remote+ also makes the experience even better. The remote also allows you to control other devices using its receiver making it a handy tool in the living room so let’s take a closer look at the PROBOX2 Air Plus and its other features.
It sports a rather sleek black square case, but this is much smaller than the Ex+. The ports are positioned on the back and on the left and right of the PROBOX2 Air Plus. On the back, there’s the power port, video out, Ethernet, HDMI, USB, and audio. On one side there is the microSD, the other USB ports. The other side is used for the wifi antenna. The IR remote that comes in the box is standard and does its job. It’s got media controls, Android buttons, and mouse mode. There are 4 colored buttons which allow you to go directly into apps like Kodi.
The Remote+ controller I was hugely impressed by. It’s small and basic, It’s got controls for volume control and Android buttons. But it works perfectly, I mainly use the air mouse feature to navigate the OS and the arrow keys for Kodi. I’m not a huge keyboard user, but the integrated mic means I can voice type when I need to.
Probox2 Air Plus OTA Updates
The Probox2 Air Plus supports OTA updates which is great. In order to update Android boxes you generally need to load the latest firmware on an SD card or USB and then manually flash the latest update. The issue with this is that its time consuming and there is always a chance you can brick the device. With OTA updates you can simply click the check for updates button and if there is an update simply hit the download and install button and the Probox2 Air Plus will take care of the rest.
Where to buy PROBOX2 Air Plus TV Box
You can buy the PROBOX2 Air Plus TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- CPU: Amlogic S912 Octa-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU up to 2 GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz
- Memory / Storage: 3GB DDR4 / 32GB eMMC
- Wireless Connectivity: 802.11ac Dual Band WIFI (2.4Ghz / 5.8Ghz), Bluetooth 4.0
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Video Output: HDMI 2.0b, up to 4K*2K @ 60fps, Support HDR, HDMI-CEC, HDCP 2.2
- Audio Output Via HDMI: 2.0b, optical SPDIF (5.1CH, 7.1CH)
- Power: DC 5V 2A adapter (CE, FCC, CCC Certified)
- Peripheral Interface: RJ-45 Ethernet Port (10/100/1000Mbps), USB 2.0 Port x 2, OTG Port, TF Card Reader, IR Sensor (Remote included)
- Supported Video Format: UHD 4K 60fps HW decoding, supports multiple formats including H.265 10-bit, H.264 & VP9 DAT/MPEG/MPE/MPG/TS/TP/VOB/ISO/AVI/MP4/MOV/3GP/ FLV/MKV/M2TS/MTS/M4V/ WMV/ASF/RM/RMVB
- Supported Audio Format: MP2/MP3/WMA/OGG/FLAC/APE/AAC/WAV/OGA/ALAC Programmable with 7.1/5.1 down-mixing
Dimensions / Weight: 99mm * 107.5mm * 16.3mm / 190g
- PROBOX2 Air Plus
- Power Adapter
- IR Remote
- Dual-Band Antenna
- HDMI Cable
- User Manual
Finally, check out our other Probox TV box Reviews
- Probox2 Z TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Probox2 Z TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review PROBOX2 Z looks identical like a Beelink Mini MX, of course, differs only in branding. The PROBOX2 Z is a small (110mm * 110mm * 17.5mm), well and solidly made TV Box with good quality not shiny plastic in black color. The front panel has IR receiver and ... Read more...
- ProBox2 Ex+ TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review ProBox2 Ex+ TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review ProBox2 EX+ TV Box is a slick looking small black box with a matte finish on top and bottom and a reflective coating on all four sides. It’s light at around 200 grams and can be easily mounted on the back of a TV or other HDMI capable ... Read more...
- Probox2 Air TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Probox2 Air TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Probox2 Air TV Box is the latest Android-based TV box to hit the market and has a great number of features to at least tempt you to consider stumping up the cash to get quality visuals in all your rooms. Hardware The PROBOX2 Air Plus is a fairly standard Android ... Read more...
- Probox2 Air Plus TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Probox2 Air Plus TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review PROBOX2 Air Plus TV Box is an upgrade from the PROBOX2 Air. It is now equipped with a much more powerful processor, an added ram, and more storage. We’ve tried it out and we can tell you that this is a nice addition to your entertainment area ... Read more...
- Probox EX TV box Review Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Probox EX TV box Review By Android TV Box Review PROBOX EX TV box is a small, well and aesthetically made TV Box. As we said at the beginning of his heart is Amlogic S812 Quad Core Cortex A9 CPU processor which supports 4K@30fps H.265/H.264 hardware decoding, FHD 1080p @30fps hardware encoding, supports H.264. The device also has ... Read more...
Excellent media playback
Strong gaming performance
No Automatic Framerate Switching in QODI/Kodi
Netflix limited to 480p