- Readers Rating
- Rated 2.5 stars
2.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
MX PLUS II TV Box is a multimedia center which enables you to have the absolute best and most versatile home media experience. It is worthwhile for you to possess this TV box because it will let you enjoy plenty of HD movies, TV dramas and more videos on demand whenever you like with your friends and family.
Going to analyze the components contained within this “box” we find the presence of a SoC Rockchip RK3229, equipped with a quad-core CPU capable of reaching the maximum frequency of 1.5 GHz, alongside 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of storage in the form of flash memory eMMC. Being equipped with an HDMI 2.0 port , MX Plus II promises – at least on paper – to support video playback in 4K format at 60 fps (images per second); however, in promising this, it does not take into account the presence of only three USB 2.0 ports, whose speed would be “bottleneck” with 4K resolution movies, given their bitrate level.
MX Plus II TV Box l Review
The lack of a Gigabit Ethernet port (there is only one RJ45 10/100) and a last-generation WiFi module (the one supplied is a classic 802.11b / g / n) do not really help the company succeed in reproducing such file types. Another flaw is represented by the presence of Android 4.4 KitKat on board, which, although it may represent a good release, is beginning to be obsolete. In addition to the above-mentioned gaps, however, MX Plus II is also good: the device supports encoding and decoding of H.264 and H.265 video formats10 bits, a feature that will allow you to reproduce this type of video file with ease even more frequently, given their versatility.
Main Home Launcher
The device worked in the resolution of FHD 1920×1080 (1080p 60Hz) but you can also adjust the preferred resolution (also 4K) or set the auto mode. The launcher includes 6 large icons, with 4 of those (Online Video, Recommend, Music, and Local) being some folders for apps, and My Apps providing access to all installed app, and Settings. Below also we have access to the most important features and apps: media player, music etc. MX Plus has also DLNA, Miracast, and Airplay.
- RK3229 CPU is rapid and stable which can give you high-speed feedback and smooth response.
- Mali-400 as GPU of this TV box which gives you the high definition pictures and videos.
- 1GB RAM + 8G ROM capacity give you more space to download your favorite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
- Infrared remote control let you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you.
Where to buy MX Plus II TV Box l
You can buy the MX Plus II TV Box l from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Model: MX PLUS II
- Type: TV Box
- System: Android 4.4
- CPU: RK3229
- Core: Quad Core
- GPU: Mali-400
- RAM: 1G
- ROM: 8G
- Max. Extended Capacity: SD card up to 32GB (not included)
- Color: Black
- Video format: 4K,MPEG1,MPEG2,MPEG4,VC-1,VP6,VP8
- Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,OGG,RM,WMA
- Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,PNG,TIFF
- Power Supply: Charge Adapter
- Interface: HDMI,Optical,RJ45,SD Card Slot,USB2.0
- System Bit: 32Bit
- WiFi Chip: RTL8723BS
- Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
Dimension and Weight
- Product weight: 0.131 kg
- Package weight: 0.370 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 11.70 x 11.70 x 1.85 cm / 4.61 x 4.61 x 0.73 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 19.50 x 15.30 x 7.00 cm / 7.68 x 6.02 x 2.76 inches
- MX PLUS II TV Box
- Power Adapter
- HDMI Cable
- Remote Control
- English Manual
Good 4K video playback
Good value for money
Simple and nice UI
Works well with remote controllers (also with app)
3 x USB 2.0
Problem with Kodi 15.2
Slow read & write