- Readers Rating
- Rated 3 stars
3 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
Mini MX TV Box is equipped with Amlogic S905 CPU and Mali-450 GPU, which means you will have a smooth experience when using it watching HD movie or playing the game etc. 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM, and 32GB maximum extend capacity will give you enough space to do your thing without worry about it. All in all, this TV box is a good choice for you to enjoy the joy!
The housing MX Plus TV Box is made of good quality not shiny plastic in black color. The MX Plus is also a small (117*117*18.5mm) and weighs little. MX Plus TV Box has been built on the model CX-A8 (information also visible on the box) from Sunchip info here. The front panel has IR receiver and power LED, the sides of the device are made of shiny plastic. On one side is a two USB 2.0 port and SD card slot. On the rear panel are: 5V DC jack, Optical S / PDIF port, RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet port, HDMI 2.0 port and another USB 2.0 port.
The MX Plus TV Box does not have Kodi while a preinstalled application VidOn XBMC (version XBMC 14.2) based on Kodi. Additionally, manually installed stable version Kodi 15.2 Isengard. Unfortunately summary information in Kodi 15.2 showing resolution of 1280×firstname.lastname@example.orgHz, instead of 1920×email@example.comHz. Below Kodi screenshots.
Main Home Launcher
Booting Android to the “home screen” takes about 00:37.1 seconds (well enough). “Home screen” launcher MX Plus TV Box looks very simple, easy to use and familiar, we could see it in other TV boxes (e.g Beelink Mini MX, PROBOX2 EX+). In addition to the remote control, I used a standard keyboard and mouse, MINIX A2 Lite and Xiaomi gamepad.
- With Android 5.1 system, we will have high speed feedback and smooth response.
- The processor in this chip is a Amlogic S905 Quad-core with a maximum clock speed of up to 2GHz. Use the Mali-450 as GPU.
- Apps have never run so smoothly.
- Support dual band 2.4GHz / 5.8GHz WiFi, which offers you a more stable WiFi signal to enjoy a higher quality video experience.
- Support 4K x 2K ultra HD video, which brings us clearer image quality.
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity: Easy pairing with most Bluetooth-enabled devices (computer, mobile phone, keyboard, and others).
- Support H.265 video code, enjoy the high-resolution video even at a low-internet-speed environment.
- HDMI 2.0 connector: You can go directly to let your TV and Beelink Mini MX TV Box are connected through a HDMI cable and set up your home cinema for the best 4K x 2K Full HD multimedia experience.
- Infrared remote control let you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you.
- It is highly tested by CE, FCC, RoHS.
Where to buy Mini MX TV Box
You can buy the Mini MX TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Brand: Beelink
- Model: Mini MX
- Type: TV Box
- System: Android 5.1
- CPU: Amlogic S905
- Core: Quad Core
- GPU: Mali-450 MP
- RAM: 1G
- RAM Type: DDR3
- ROM: 8G
- Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
- TV Box Features: XBMC
- Color: Black
- Decoder Format: H.264,H.265
- Video format: AVI,DAT,H.264,H.265,ISO,MKV,MOV,MP4,MPEG,MPG,RM,WMV
- Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,MPEG,OGG,RM,WMA
- Photo Format: JPG
- Support XBMC: Yes
- WIFI: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0
- Power Supply: Charge Adapter
- Interface: DC 5V,HDMI,Micro SD Card Slot,RJ45,SPDIF,USB2.0
- Certificate: CE,RoHs
- System Bit: 32Bit
- WiFi Chip: AP6212
- Firmware Version: Android 5.1
- Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
Dimension and Weight
- Product weight: 0.179 kg
- Package weight: 0.443 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 11.00 x 11.00 x 1.75 cm / 4.33 x 4.33 x 0.69 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 16.00 x 11.50 x 7.50 cm / 6.3 x 4.53 x 2.95 inches
- Beelink Mini MX TV Box
- HDMI Cable
- Power Adapter
- Remote Control
- English Manual
Good 4K video playback
Good value for money
Simple and nice UI
Works well with remote controllers (also with app)
3 x USB 2.0
Beelink Mini MX TV Box with AMLogic S905 CPU
Problem with Kodi 15.2
Slow read & write