- Readers Rating
- Rated 2 stars
2 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
Mini M8S TV Box is a multimedia center which enables you to have the absolute best and most versatile home media experience. It is worthwhile for you to possess this TV box because it will let you enjoy plenty of HD movies, TV dramas and more videos on demand whenever you like with your friends and family.
When I ran the system and hard application, the results showed that Mini M8S Pro ran on the Amlogic S912 octa-core CPU, but it was limited to 1.5GHz. This was no surprise as all the Amlogic S912 TV boxes were limited to this frequency. The GPU too was also the same GPU which was the ARM Mali T820 tri-core GPU. Andhas 2GB of DDR3 RAM, and 32GB of internal storage which I found was a good addition because storage is very important in TV boxes. It has 802.11 ac dual-band 2.4GHz + 5.8GHz WiFi connectivity which I was able to connect to the 5.8GHz without any issues. It also has Bluetooth 4.0. You have convertible storage under Android 6.0.
The launcher of the Mini M8S Pro is simple and easy to use with a navigation bar at the bottom, along with a secondary bar for quick access to functions like WiFi networks, Bluetooth settings, and storage settings. You have the ability to add and remove shortcuts.
The Mini M8S Pro runs on Android 6.0 operating system. The box does not come with lots of app just those core system apps needed to operate the box. There are apps like AppInstaller, File browser, Media Center, MiraCast, Google Play Store, a custom Kodi 16.1 build called Qodi, and a couple others.
I choose to play Mortal Kombat X and the game ran well and graphics were of a high quality. However, higher graphics games like the new Injustice 2 have slow graphics and quality was not of the best.
Main Home Launcher:
The box is using the same launcher as the previous model and it isn’t the best looking launcher put there. Most video formats do very well on this box except for one 4K file at 59fps. However, this probably has to do with the software optimization on the box because all the Tv boxes with the Amlogic S905 can play this file without any issues.
- Amlogic S905 CPU is rapid and stable which can give you high-speed feedback and smooth response.
- ARM Mail-450 as GPU of this TV box which gives you the high definition pictures and videos.
- 2.4G WiFi, offers a more stable WiFi signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience.
- 2GB RAM + 8G ROM capacity, extendable capacity up to 32GB gives you more space to download your favourite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity: Easy pairing with most Bluetooth-enabled devices (computer, mobile phone, keyboard, and others).
- Supports sync screen technology which can sync your phone displays to a larger screen to make your game experience more real.
- Infrared remote control lets you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you.
Where to buy Mini M8s TV Box
You can buy the Mini M8s TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Model: Mini M8S
- Type: TV Box
- System: Android 5.1
- CPU: Amlogic S905
- Core: Quad Core
- GPU: Mali-450
- RAM: 2G
- ROM: 8G
- Max. Extended Capacity: 32G
- Color: Black
- Video format: AVI,DAT,ISO,MKV,MOV,MP4,MPEG,MPG,RM,WMV
- Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,OGG,RM,WMA
- Photo Format: JPG
- WIFI: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0
- Power Supply: Charge Adapter
- Interface: DC Power Port,HDMI,RJ45,SPDIF,TF card,USB2.0
- Certificate: CE,FCC,RoHs
- Power Type: External Power Adapter Mode
Dimension and Weight
- Product weight: 0.1530 kg
- Package weight: 0.4650 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 11.00 x 11.00 x 1.70 cm / 4.33 x 4.33 x 0.67 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 16.00 x 11.30 x 7.70 cm / 6.3 x 4.45 x 3.03 inches
- Mini M8STV Box
- Remote Control
- HDMI Cable
- Power Adapter
- English Manual
Mini M8s TV Box with AMLogic S905 CPU.