- Readers Rating
- Rated 2.5 stars
2.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
Mini M8S II T TV Box is a new budget TV box that is designed to impress and offer a stable performance in the world of streaming media. The device packs decent features to spur competition in its category while improving on its previous iteration, the Mini M8S on various fronts such as the operating system and processor.
Do you find a TV box recently? Here is the best internet streaming smart media player! The newest chipset edition of the CPU center is equipped with Quad Core Amlogic S905X, thousands of newly released movies are available here for you and your family! More Apps could be downloaded from our service as well.
- 1 Design
- 2 Mini M8S II Interface and Software
- 3 Main Home Launcher
- 4 Main Features:
- 5 Where to buy Mini M8S II T TV Box
- 6 Specifications
- 7 Media Supported
- 8 Product Details
- 9 Pros
- 10 Cons
- 11 Share this:
- 12 Like this:
- 13 Related
The Mini M8S II is designed with simplicity in mind, the exterior features a black color with a matte finish on the top surface. It comes with a Triangular LED power indicator, a feature that is not common in most of the TV boxes. And measures 4.33 x 4.33 x 0.67 inches and weighs 152 grams thereby suffices as a lightweight and a compact device that can go unnoticed in the living room due to its small size. It as well takes the minimum space available, so you do not have to worry creating space for the TV box.
Mini M8S II Interface and Software
Honestly, I do not know why the manufacturer has made the Mini M8S II with many shortcomings in terms of design if this TV box comes with the latest software. It runs on Android 6.0. Of course, there are a few TV boxes coming with Android Marshmallow out of the box, but this one is the first to sport this version and Amlogic S905X.
Once turned on you will have to wait about 40 seconds before the box showcases a very common launched seen on many Amlogic based Android TV boxes. As the Mini M8S II comes with 2GB RAM, the launcher works smoother in comparison to 1GB boxes.
Main Home Launcher
The Mini M8S II’s standard Launcher is a minimalist Launcher, divided by frames. In the default Box Launcher you can customize which shortcuts you want to appear, and in addition to the shortcuts, there are predefined sections that can not be changed, such as “Recommend”, “Online Video”, “Music”, “My Apps”, “Settings”.
- Amlogic S905X quad-core CPU is rapid and stable which can give you high-speed feedback and smooth response.
- Penta-core ARM Mali-450 as GPU of this TV Box which gives you the high definition pictures and videos.
- 64bit Android 6.0 stable and smooth system.
- 2.4GHz WiFi ( IEEE 802.11b / g / n ): it offers a more stable WiFi signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience.
- Supports 4K HD video, which brings us clearer image quality and HD vision enjoy.
- Infrared remote control lets you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you.
- With Google Play pre-installed, you are free to enjoy various films, music, and games, as well as some practical APPs.
Where to buy Mini M8S II T TV Box
You can buy the Mini M8S II T TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Model: Mini M8S II
- Type: TV Box
- System: Android 6.0
- Processor: S905X
- CPU: Amlogic S905X
- Core: 2.0GHz,Quad Core
- GPU: Mali-450
- RAM: 2G
- RAM Type: DDR3
- ROM: 8G
- Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 32GB (not included)
- Color: Black
- Decoder Format: H.264/AVC,H.265,RealVideo8/9/10
- Video format: 1080P,4K,4K x 2K,AVC,AVI,DAT,H.264,H.265,ISO,MKV,MP4,MPEG-1,MPEG-4,MPEG1,MPEG2,MVC,WMV
- Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,MPEG,OGG,RM,WMA
- Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG
- Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: No
- 5G WiFi: No
- WIFI: 802.11b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth4.0
- Power Supply: Charge Adapter
- Interface: DC Power Port,HDMI,Micro SD Card Slot,RJ45,SPDIF,USB2.0
- Antenna: No
- Language: Multi-language
- HDMI Version: 2.0
- Other Functions: Others
- External Subtitle Supported: No
System Bit: 64Bit
- Type: External Power Adapter Mode
- Input Vol: 5V
- Adapter Input: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
- Adapter Output: 5V 2A
Dimension and Weight
- Product weight: 0.1520 kg
- Package weight: 0.4350 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 11.00 x 11.00 x 1.70 cm / 4.33 x 4.33 x 0.67 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 16.00 x 12.00 x 2.70 cm / 6.3 x 4.72 x 1.06 inches
- Mini M8S II TV Box
- IR Remote Control
- HDMI Cable
- Power Adapter
- English Manual
Stable and responsive device with recent Android 6.0 firmware
Good (although not quite perfect) video playback in Kodi 16.1 with support for 4K 10-bit H.264, H.264, and VP9 videos
HDR (High dynamic range support) for compatible TVs (not tested as my 4K TV does not support it)
Proper power handling, and low idle power consumption
Relatively fast internal storage leading to 40 seconds boot, few slowdowns during operation
OTA firmware update
Device stays cool under load
exFAT, NTFS, and FAT32 file system support for external storage
IR remote control working with long range (at least 10 meters)
External storage (USB and micro SD) are read-only due to permissions.
Some Kodi issues: HDMI audio pass-through not working well, even for Dolby / DTS 5.1 or 2.0 audio, automatic frame rate switching not working, 24 fps videos may not be smooth when played using 24 Hz video output.
Lack of Dolby & DTS licensed for downmixing to PCM 2.0 (stereo audio) in apps other than Kodi
Bluetooth issues – No Bluetooth LE support, problem pairing with Bluetooth headset. (File transfer with smartphone is OK)
DRM: Only supports Widevine Level 3
Some apps (that should) can’t be installed via Google Play (e.g. Antutu Video Tester, BitTorrent…)
TV box will force my AV receiver to turn on, even as I manually turn it off (likely HDMI CEC issue)
USB device connected full-screen window shows up after each boot if you have connected a USB drive