- Readers Rating
- No Rating Yet!
- Your Rating
Mini M8S II 4K Smart Digital TV Converter Box is one of the first Amlogic S905X TV boxes to hit the market, with the new processor adding 4K VP9 hardware video decoding and HDR support compared to Amlogic S905 processor. The newest chipset edition of the CPU centre is equipped with Quad Core Amlogic S905X, thousands of newly released movies are available here for you and your family! More Apps could be downloaded from our service as well.
The eMMC flash has the 8GB capacity, the system takes some, and the internal storage partition is just 4.70 GB in size with 598MB used at the beginning of the review. HDMI output supports a wide range of resolution and refresh rate, and my system was first automatically set to 4K SMPTE (24 Hz) despite my TV supporting 4K @ 60 Hz. I could manually change the output to that setting, but I’ve noticed the TV box does not always remembers the user-defined value, and a few times I saw video output set to 1080p60 after a reboot.
MINI M8S II does not overheat, and after Antutu 6.x, the maximum temperature on the top and bottom of the case was respectively 39°C and 45°C max, and after over 15 minutes playing Riptide GP2 this went up a little to 43°C and 56°C. I did not notice any throttling/slowdowns during gameplay.
MINI M8S II feels responsive, and the firmware is stable, with the only small issues I had were the Windows appearing at each boot to tell me my USB drive was connected, and the box will automatically turn on my A/V receiver when I turn it off likely because of HDMI-CEC feature which can’t be disabled in the settings. The mouse pointer is also rather small when 4K output is selected.
- Amlogic S905X quad-core CPU is rapid and stable which can give you high-speed feedback and smooth response.
- Penta-core ARM Mali-450 as GPU of this TV Box which gives you the high definition pictures and videos.
- 64bit Android 6.0 stable and smooth system.
- 2.4GHz WiFi ( IEEE 802.11b / g / n ): it offers a more stable WiFi signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience.
- Supports 4K HD video, which brings us clearer image quality and HD vision enjoy.
- Infrared remote control lets you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you.
- With Google Play pre-installed, you are free to enjoy various films, musics, and games, as well as some practical APPs.
Where to buy Mini M8S II 4K Smart Digital TV Converter Box
You can buy the Mini M8S II 4K Smart Digital TV Converter Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Model: Mini M8S II
- Type: TV Box
- System: Android 6.0
- Processor: S905X
- CPU: Amlogic S905X
- Core: 2.0GHz,Quad Core
- GPU: Mali-450
- RAM: 1G
- RAM Type: DDR3
- ROM: 8G
- Max. Extended Capacity: TF card up to 32GB (not included)
- Color: Black
- Decoder Format: H.264/AVC,H.265,RealVideo8/9/10
- Video format: 1080P,4K,4K x 2K,AVC,AVI,DAT,H.264,H.265,ISO,MKV,MP4,MPEG-1,MPEG-4,MPEG1,MPEG2,MVC,WMV
- Audio format: AAC,FLAC,MP3,MPEG,OGG,RM,WMA
- Photo Format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG
- Support 5.1 Surround Sound Output: No
- 5G WiFi: No
- WIFI: 802.11b/g/n
- Power Supply: Charge Adapter
- Interface: DC Power Port,HDMI,Micro SD Card Slot,RJ45,SPDIF,USB2.0
- Antenna: No
- Language: Multi-language
- HDMI Version: 2.0
- Other Functions: Others
- External Subtitle Supported: No
- System Bit: 64Bit
- Type: External Power Adapter Mode
- Input Vol: 5V
- Adapter Input: 100-240V / 50-60Hz
- Adapter Output: 5V 2A
Dimension and Weight
- Product weight: 0.1520 kg
- Package weight: 0.4350 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 11.00 x 11.00 x 1.70 cm / 4.33 x 4.33 x 0.67 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 16.00 x 12.00 x 2.70 cm / 6.3 x 4.72 x 1.06 inches
- Mini M8S II TV Box
- IR Remote Control
- HDMI Cable
- Power Adapter
- English Manual
Latest Software Update
Stable and responsive device with recent Android 6.0 firmware
Good (although not quite perfect) video playback in Kodi 16.1 with support for 4K 10-bit H.264, H.264 and VP9 videos
HDR (High dynamic range support) for compatible TVs (not tested as my 4K TV does not support it)
Proper power handling, and low idle power consumption
Relatively fast internal storage leading to 40 seconds boot, few slowdowns during operation
OTA firmware update
Device stays cool under load
exFAT, NTFS, and FAT32 file system support for external storage
IR remote control working with long range (at least 10 meters)
External storage (USB and micro SD) are read-only due to permissions.
Some Kodi issues: HDMI audio pass-through not working well, even for Dolby / DTS 5.1 or 2.0 audio, automatic frame rate switching not working, 24 fps videos may not be smooth when played using 24 Hz video output.
Lack of Dolby & DTS licensed for downmixing to PCM 2.0 (stereo audio) in apps other than Kodi
Bluetooth issues – No Bluetooth LE support, problem pairing with Bluetooth headset. (File transfer with smartphone is OK)
DRM: Only supports Widevine Level 3
Some apps (that should) can’t be installed via Google Play (e.g. Antutu Video Tester, Bittorrent…)
TV box will force my AV receiver to turn on, even as I manually turn it off (likely HDMI CEC issue)
USB device connected full-screen window shows up after each boot if you have connected a USB drive