- Readers Rating
- Rated 3 stars
3 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
MeLE V9 TV Box is the MeLE’s newest Android TV box featuring HDMI recording and an internal 3.5? hard drive bay. Powered by the quadcore Realtek RTD1295, the MeLE V9 runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow and lets you use Android apps on your TV (including installing Kodi), stream movies and more. Its HDMI input allows you to record from connected devices such as game consoles and more whilst the internal hard drive bay lets you significantly increase the amount of onboard storage.
The MeLE V9 is a massive Android TV box. Coming in at a sizeable 255×165×55mm, it’s significantly bigger than other Android boxes. Is that space needed to house a 3.5? hard drive bay. Removing the panel on the side allows you to slide in a standard desktop hard drive to increase storage by up to an impressive 3TB. All that extra storage lets you use the MeLE V9 as more than an Android TV box. Aside from using it for movies and games, you can use the MeLE V9 as a DLNA server to share media around the house.
The MeLe V9 launcher uses an attractive grey color scheme with large tiles for common apps.All the shortcuts on the home page are customisable (after applying the first firmware update – see below). You’ve also got a row of shortcuts for you to add your favorite apps.There are few apps installed including Media Center, Netflix and SPMC. You can also use the Google Play store to install other apps like Kodi.
Mele V9 Mediacenter
The MeLE V9 is one of the current additions to their TV Box portfolio and shows the high-quality standard we expect from MeLE. For those who are looking for a multimedia player with several convenient features, and who want access to a large number of files, the MeLE v9 is perfect.
The Mele V9 has everything needed to transform your living room into a so-called ‘Home Entertainment Center’. Like the ZIDOO X9S, the MeLE V9 is also equipped with the well-known Realtek RTD1295 chipset. In addition, many features of the ZIDOO X9S are similar to those of the MeLe v9, but unlike the ZIDOO X9S, the MeLe v9 has a 3.5 “SATA HDD dock to 3TB and a built-in fan. The MeLE team also thought of a user-friendly interface.
The Mele V9 is therefore supported by MeUI 2.0. This operating system / UI gives the user easy access to the most important features. The MeLE V9 has an HDMI port with Picture I Picture (PIP) function. Users also have the ability to record video files to stream to UDP. The RTC (Real time clock) battery in the TV Box supports the possibility of ‘screen communication’, also called narrowcasting. Of course, the TV Box is provided with the Android operating system, type 6.0.1. For more information, please read the specifications.
- Powerful quadcore chip for solid app performance
- Respectable gaming performance thanks to its Mali-T20MP3 GPU
- HDMI recording allows you to record your footage on connected devices including video game consoles
- 3.5? Hard drive slot allows you to increase onboard storage using a standard desktop hard drive.
Where to buy Mele V9 TV Box
You can buy the Mele V9 TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- CPU – Realtek RTD1295 ARM Cortex-A53 Quad-Core
- GPU – Mali-T820 MP3
- OS – Android 6.0.1
- Memory – 2GB DDR3
- Internal Storage – 16GB eMMC + 3.5? SATA HDD bay
- Storage Expansion – MIcro SD card up to 512GB, support 2.5? external HDD (up to 2TB) and 3.5? external HDD with a power supply of 12V DC-IN
- Wifi Connectivity – 802.11a/b/g/n/ac dual-band WIFI
- Ethernet – RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100/1000Mbps)
- Bluetooth – BT4.0
- HDMI Out – HDMI2.0a output, Support 4K@60fps Support HD Audio(7.1CH)
- HDMI In – HDMI2.0 input, support PIP, HDMI IN stream recorded and stream output via UDP etc…
- Video decode – HDR, 10-bit HEVC/H.265 up to 4K @ 60fps, VP9 up to 4K @ 60 fps, H.264 up to 4K @ 24 fps, automatic frame rate switching
- Audio decode – Support HD audio(7.1ch) decode and passthrough
- USB – Type C – USB3.0 (Host/Device), 3x USB2.0
- Power – 12V/2A
- Misc – IR receiver, Digital LED display, Power button, Built-in fan
- Other interfaces – Micro SD card interface (up to 512GB), AV Output (3.5mm to 3RCA), Optical Audio Output, HDMI Input, HDMI
- Output, RJ45 Gigabit LAN, USB Type C (USB 3.0 Host/Device), 1.6? FAN, Dual external WiFi antennas, DC IN jack
- Dimensions & Weight – n/a
USB / SATA Ports & Fan
- V Out
- Optical Out
- HDMI In
- RJ-45 / Ethernet Port
- HDMI Out
- USB Type C Port
- 9 Wifi Antennas
- Mele V9 Media TV Box
- Remote control
- HDMI Cable
- 12V 2000Mah Adapter
- English manual
HDMI recording offers more use cases
Solid gaming performance
Internal hard drive bay is great for increasing storage
Automatic Framerate Switching limited to 24Hz content
First firmware update had to be installed manually
Large size may cause issues where space is at a premium