- Readers Rating
- Rated 3 stars
3 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
M8S+ TV Box has an Ethernet gigabit connection and runs on Android Lollipop 5.1, but other than these changes, the machines are largely the same. So for those of you who already have an M8S, there is not a huge reason to upgrade to the M8S Plus. But for those of you that are looking for your first Android TV Box, the M8S Plus is an excellent starting point, and the addition of Android Lollipop makes it worth the extra couple of quid.
Main Home Launcher
The launcher on the m8S+ is the same as the one we had in the previous generation. There is nothing too bad, nothing too good, it is pretty standard for a budget box. But of course like on most Android TV boxes, we can install other launchers which is what we usually do here. On this occasion, I went for the KKM launcher, which I really enjoy using and it gives a great look at the launch. But of course, this is something that you will have to play around with yourself and see what you like best.
- XBMC supported. XBMC can be used to play almost all popular audio and video formats.
- Android 5.1 Lollipop OS: Rapid and stable, gives you access to over 800,000 apps including Facebook, Youtube, Picasa and more.
- Professional H.265 video decoding technology and 2.4G + 5G dual WiFi, offering a more stable WiFi signal to enjoy a higher quality video experience.
- 2GB RAM + 8GB ROM, 32GB maximum extended capacity gives you more space to download your favorite apps and caches to browse websites, play games, run apps, watch movies more smoothly.
- 10 / 100 / 1000M Ethernet / Gigabit LAN.
- Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity: Easy pairing with most Bluetooth-enabled devices (computer, mobile phone, keyboard, and others).
- HDMI connector: You can go directly to let your TV and M8S+ are connected through an HDMI cable and set up your home cinema for the best 4K x 2K HD multimedia experience.
- USB host ports: Connect with your mouse and keyboard to help you operate more convenient.
- Infrared remote control lets you enjoy your wonderful life which the wireless brings to you.
Where to buy M8s+ TV Box
You can buy the M8s+ TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Model: M8S+
- CPU: Amlogic S812 Quad core ARM Cortex-A9r4, 2.0GHz
- GPU: Octa-core ARM Mali-450
- Memory: 2GB DDR3
- Internal Storage: 8GB eMMC + Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Operating System: Android 4.4
- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11 b/g/n – Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/ 5.8GHz), Bluetooth 4.0
- Audio/Video Output: HDMI 1.4, SP-DIF
- Interfaces: 2 x USB 2.0
- Power Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Other: IR receiver
Dimension and Weight
- Product weight: 0.2300 kg
- Package weight: 0.6500 kg
- Product size (L x W x H): 13.00 x 13.00 x 2.00 cm / 5.12 x 5.12 x 0.79 inches
- Package size (L x W x H): 25.00 x 15.00 x 6.00 cm / 9.84 x 5.91 x 2.36 inches
- M8S+ TV Box
- Power Adapter
- Remote Controller
- HDMI Cable
- English Manual
The very dim blue light looks nice and doesn’t distract your eyes, especially great if used in a bedroom.
Overall performance for the price is excellent.
It comes rooted straight from the factory.
Airplay from iMac to M8S+ is not perfect. Not important for everyone, but be aware.