- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
3.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Very Good
- Your Rating
Himedia Q30 TV Box offers support for Ultra High-Definition (UHD) 4K video playback right out of the box. This means you can get an incredibly clear picture, better image texture and a lot less pixelated than on regular high-definition signals.
The Q30 includes 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi with an external antenna, this helps towards maximum network stability. Firmware updates are available Over The Air (OTA), so you don’t need to manually download and install new releases on your own. The Q30 includes 1 USB 3.0 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, a wired Ethernet port, an optical audio out, HDMI, a USB OTG port, and a TF card slot.
Himedia Q30 is a slightly different box then its older brothers (Q5 Pro, and Q10 Pro). It is a black metal box with rounded side edges, with an external antenna that cannot be screwed off as in other models. We get three (3) USB ports for OTG, storage and other purposes, the SD card slot, HDMI 2.0 port, Audio & Video coaxial jacks, Audio Optical SPDIF port, 1GBit LAN port, and a DC power jack.
The HiMedia Q30 is an attractive Android TV box, featuring a black metal case with a brushed metal finish that looks great. There’s a power button on the front of the unit, with a USB 2.0 port and SD card slot on one side and another 2 USB 2.0 ports and a USB 3.0 port on the other side.
The HiMedia Q30 uses the same colorful launcher we’ve seen in their other Android TV boxes. It’s got large, colorful app tiles as well as a customizable row of shortcuts along the bottom. The UI is similar to the one we used on the Q10, The box itself runs on an Android 7.0 build with heavy modifications over it, The user interface is pretty simple, it is completely in English and there is not a single trace of text in any other language which is a constant problem with other OEM’s based in China.
- Runs Android 7.0
- Quadcore HiSilicon Hi3798M V200 Processor with Mali-450 GPU
- 2GB of DDR3 RAM and 8GB of onboard storage
- Strong media playback capabilities including 4K 60fps video decoding for certain codecs
- Built-in b/g/n Wifi for network streaming
- 7.1 HD Audio passthrough and downmix for an improved audio experience on supported hardware
Where to buy Himedia Q30 TV Box
You can buy the Himedia Q30 TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Brand: HIMEDIA
- Type: TV Box
- Model: Q30
- OS: Android 7.0
- CPU: Hi3798MV200 Quad Core 64bit ARM Cortex A53
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- ROM: 8GB eMMC
- Card Reader: SD Card
- Wired LAN: 100M Ethernet
- Wireless LAN: Built-in 802.11 N WIFI
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Video Decoding Format: H.265, H.264, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1, AVS, Div X3/4/5/6
- Video File Format: TS, MKV, FLV, MOV, AVI, MP4, ISO
- Audio Decoding Format: MPEG L1/L2, AAC-LC, HE AAC V1/V2, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, PCM
- Audio File Format: MP3, APE, FIAC, AAC, Ogg
- USB: USB2.0 Host×2,USB3.0 Host×1
- A/V Out: HDMI2.0, Composite, L/R Stereo, Optical SPDIF
- SD Card
- 10/100M RJ45 port
- Power: DC 5V/2A
- Android TV Box Q30
- Remote Control
- Power Adapter
- HDMI Cable
- Quick Guide
Finally, check out our other Himedia TV box Reviews
- Himedia M6 TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Himedia M6 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Himedia M6 TV Box has a 4GB flash, and the storage is partitioned so that apps get 1.29GB (258MB used), the internal SD card 894 MB, the rest being used by the system. Developer Options are already visible with lots of different options available, but not enabled by ... Read more...
- Himedia M3 TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Himedia M3 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Himedia M3 TV Box is a new 4K Android TV box which is equipped with a Hisilicon quad-core 1.5GHz CPU with Mali 450 GPU, builds in 1GB DDR3 RAM and 8GB eMMC large ROM. It uses the latest Android 4.4 operation system and supports 4K video play and ... Read more...
- Himedia H8 Plus TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Himedia H8 Plus TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review HiMedia H8 Plus comes packaged in attractive packaging that makes use of the company’s brand colors. The HiMedia logo can be seen at the top left of the box with the product name situation in the middle. A large product show is printed underneath the product name, ... Read more...
- Himedia H8 Lite TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Himedia H8 Lite TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Himedia H8 Lite TV Box version is as fast as its bigger brother, the H8 Plus, but has less internal memory. Enjoy the Octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU with the extremely sharp image. Together with the Plus version, the HiMedia H8 is currently one of the best Media Players. HiMedia ... Read more...
- Himedia H8 TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Himedia H8 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Himedia H8 TV Box automatically boots when plugged into power. With a USB keyboard and mouse connected, a cold boot takes around 30 seconds. There’s no standby mode unfortunately but the unit can be powered on and off via the remote. HiMedia is one of the biggest names in ... Read more...
- Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box Review, By Android TV box Review Himedia Q5 Pro TV Box Review Android TV Box Review HiMedia Q5 Pro TV Box comes with Kodi 16.1 Jarvis. It is a slightly modified version of Kodi by HiMedia because the default playback operates via an external player. Also, the tests we have installed a “clean” version of Kodi 16.1 Jarvis HIMEDIA Q5 Pro is an Android ... Read more...
- Himedia Q8 TV Box Review, By Android TV box Review Himedia Q8 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Himedia Q8 TV Box is the simple solution to upgrade your regular tv into a smart tv. No need to invest in new televisions, you still have the smart entertainment features of the smart. Even some of the remarkable features that smart tv does not have. Design: With a mono-aluminum ... Read more...
- Himedia Q10 Pro TV Box Review. By Android TV box Review Himedia Q10 Pro TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review This HiMedia Q10 Pro is a box that connects to your TV over HDMI and allows it to operate as a giant Android tablet, though without the touchscreen (you get a remote control instead). You can install any apps you might install on a phone or tablet, ... Read more...
- Himedia Q30 TV Box Review, By Android TV box Review Himedia Q30 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Himedia Q30 TV Box offers support for Ultra High-Definition (UHD) 4K video playback right out of the box. This means you can get an incredibly clear picture, better image texture and a lot less pixelated than on regular high-definition signals. The Q30 includes 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi with an external ... Read more...
- Himedia A5 TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV box Review Himedia A5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Himedia A5 TV Box carries the powerful Amlogic S912 chipset, a high-performance Octa core 64bit chipset clocked at 1.5GHz maximum. No doubt apps will never run so smoothly in devices with other chipsets.2GB of RAM and 16GB eMMC flash Storage, Dual Band 2.4GHz + 5GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi and ... Read more...
Excellent media playback
Attractive, comprehensive skin
Regular firmware update and support
No Bluetooth limits peripherals like Bluetooth controls
Netflix limited to 480p