- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
4.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
Egreat A11 TV Box has 2GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB eMMC for data. In addition, the TV Box features a 3.5 HDD SATA bay for larger movies and photos. The A11 has a built-in fan for better cooling. Also comes with two HDMI ports, one HDMI only audio. TV Box, as previous models support: Blu-ray ISO Playback, Blu-ray Menu Navigation, HD Audio Passthrough, 1080P Hardware Acceleration, 3D Blu-ray ISO Playback, DVD Menu Navigation, Access Home Sharing Server, OTA Update Support. The device currently runs on Android 5.1.1 with EgUI.
The A11 uses the same SoC (System on a Chip) that the A5 and A10 are using. This SoC is made by HiSilicon and is called the Hi3798C V200. It’s a 64 bit ARM A53 CPU clocked at 1,6 GHz paired with 2GB RAM and 12GB onboard storage. Currently, it is running on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) but development on Android 7 has already started by Egreat. One of its selling points is the video decoding section which claims to offer very good capabilities (more on that later) due to its HiVXE 2.0 processing engine which is similar to VXP incorporated in some of Sigma Design’s SoCs.
How to update the Egreat A11 TV Box
- OTA Update
- USB Update
- Forced refresh of the recovery system.
- Download the firmware above
- Do not modify the file names and
- Copy these four files to the root directory of an SD card or USB
- Power off the device and insert the SD card or USB
- Use a paperclip or something small to hold the RST button in
- Power up the device holding in the RST
- Wait until you see the Android recovery start before you release the RST button
Where to buy Egreat A11 TV Box
You can buy the Egreat A11 TV Box from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- CPU: Hi3798CV200 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 up to 2.0GHz, ARMv8-A architecture with multimedia accelerator engine Neon, build in hardware JAVA accelerator and hardware floating point coprocessor.
- GPU: Build in ARM Mali-720 3D GPU, OpenGL ES 3.1/3.0/2.0/1.1/1.0 and OpenVG 1.1 support, OpenCL 1.2/1.1 full profile/RenderScript support, Microsoft DirectX 11 FL9_3 support, ASTC(Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression) support, Pixel fill rate is greater than 2.7Gpix/s, Triangle up to 280Mtri/s, Floating point operations up to 103GFLOPS
- Memory: 2GB DDR3
- Storage: 16GB Flash, 3.5 SATA bay, and 2-in-1 card reader (MMC/SD)
- LAN Network: 10/100/1000M RJ45 adaptive ethernet
- Wireless Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2.4G/5G 2T2R 300M Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BT4.0
- Interface: 3.5 HDD bay, SATA, USB 3.0 host, 2 x USB 2.0 host, RJ-45 Ethernet Jack (10/100/1000Mbps), HDMI2.0a(up to 4K2K 60fps output) + 1 x HDMI(Audio only), Optical SPDIF, Coaxial, AV, AC in Jack (110~220V 50/60Hz), Cooling fan, RS232, Power switch, 2 x IR remote receiver, IR Input, 2 x Build in Wi-Fi antenna, LED White-Light panel, Power LED indicator
- File System: EXT3, EXT4, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, GPT
Video And Audio
- Media Decoder: HiVXE2.0 video decode engine, H.265/HEVC Main/Main10 profile@Level5.1 Hight-tier, 4Kx2K@60fps and 1x1080p@30fps parallel decoding, H.264 AVC BP/MP/HP@L5.1, H.264/AVC MVC up to 1080p@30fps, VP9 up to 4Kx2K@60fps, VP6/8 up to 1080p@60fps, MPEG1 up to 1080p@60fps, MPEG-2 SP@ML,MP@HL, up to 1080p@60fps, MPEG-4 SP@L0-3,ASP@0-5, support GMC, support Short-Header format, up to 1080p@60fps, AVS JiZhun Profile@6.0, AVS-P16(AVS+), up to 1080p@60fps, VC-1 SP@ML, MP@HL, AP@L0-3, up to 1080p@60fps
- Video Formats: MKV, ISO, MP4, AVI, MOV, MPG, MPEG, WMV, DAT etc.
- Graphics and Display Processing: HDR10 support
- Subtitle: SRT, SSA, PGS, SMI
- Audio Decoder: MPEG L1/L2, Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus Decoder-Converter, Dolby True HD, DTS HD/DTS M6, Dolby Digital/DTS pass through, AAC-LC, HE-AAC V1/V2, APE/FLAC/OGG/AMR-NB/WB, G.711(u/a), Dolby MS12 decode & sound effect, HE-AAC transcoding DD(AC3) support
- Audio Formats: APE, FLAC, WAV, AAC, WMA, MP3, AMR, MID, OGG etc.
- Picture Decoder: Full HD JPEG hardware decoding up to 64 million pixels, PNG hardware decoding up to 64 million pixels
- Picture Formats: JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP etc.
- Support: DLNA Protocol, Samba, NFS, Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz receiver, Blu-ray ISO Playback, Blu-ray Menu Navigation, HD Audio Passthrough, 1080P Hardware Acceleration, 3D Blu-ray ISO Playback, DVD Menu Navigation, Access Home Sharing Server, OTA Update, AirPlay
- Case: Aluminum sandblasting process
- Dimensions: 310 x 233 x 70mm
- Weight: 2.695 kg
Finally, check out our other Egreat TV box Reviews
- Egreat A5 TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Egreat A5 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Egreat A5 TV Box is a solidly made and looks aesthetically. The case is made of aluminum in black with Egreat logo on the top cover. The case and the TV Box are doing a very good impression, looks like a High-End model. TV Box is a really ... Read more...
- Egreat A11 TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Egreat A11 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Egreat A11 TV Box has 2GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB eMMC for data. In addition, the TV Box features a 3.5 HDD SATA bay for larger movies and photos. The A11 has a built-in fan for better cooling. Also comes with two HDMI ports, one HDMI only audio. ... Read more...
- Egreat A10 TV Box Review, reviewed by Android TV Box Review Egreat A10 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review The Egreat A10 TV Box is the First Exclusive Android HDD Media Player with Full Function Blu-ray Navigation, decodes all contents of The Blu-ray Movies.The device uses the same HiSilicon Hi3798CV200 processor found in the HiMedia Q5 and Q10 Pro, as well as a Mali 720 GPU, ... Read more...
Egreat A11 TV Box with HiSilicon HI3798CV200 as CPU.