- Readers Rating
- Rated 0.5 stars
0.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating
CloudnetGo CR9S TV Stick is a Mini Android PC on a stick. For those who join us for the first time, these are super tiny PCs that you plug into your TV’s HDMI port in order to transform your dumb TV into a smart TV. As these sticks run Android, you basically get access to all the Android ecosystem, and that includes apps such as Netflix, Amazon MP3, Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, youtube, but also all the library of Android games. Think of it as a Roku box or an Apple TV, with much more flexibility, in general much more raw power, and a lower energy footprint.
Rikomagic is the market leader on these android HDMI sticks with its MK802 brand. But there are many clones and competitors out there, and I was lucky enough to receive a CR9 from cloudnetgo in order to test it.
The Rockchip RK1388 Quad Core CPU is the key here. It’s a very low power consumption arm CPU, with an embedded Mali-400 quad-core GPU. The Mali-400 is a pretty impressive chip, as it guaranteed smooth 1080p playback even in the very first single core mini PCs last year. The CPU’s Quad Core itself helps with multitasking.
Where to buy CloudnetGo CR9S TV Stick
You can buy the CloudnetGo CR9S TV Stick from GearBest, Amazon or Ebay
- Model: Cloudnetgo CR9S
- CPU: RK3188 Quad Core Cortex-A9 Up to 1.8GHz
- GPU: Quad-Core 2D/3D OpenGLES2.0(AMD Z430)/OpenVG1.1(Mali-400,500Mhz)
- OS: Android KitKat 4.4.2
- RAM: 2G DDR3
- Memory Flash: 8G
- Supply: DC 5V/2A
- Indicator(LED): Power on Blue;
- Color: Black
- Miracast: Support WIFI Display Miracast (Mirroring)
- WiFi: BCM AP6210 4.0G 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth 4.0 version
- HDMI: 1.4b supports up to 2.0b
- Mouse/ Keyboard: Support mouse and keyboard via USB; Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle receiver.
- Expand Micro SD: T-Flash 2G?4G?8G?16G?32G(Maximum support 32GB)
- Ports: HDMI(Mate),Micro TF card ,USB host2.0,USB power port, LED(Blue)
- Accessories: 15CM HDMI cable, USB data cable, USB-OTG adapter, User Manual, USB power adapter (5V/2A)
- Unit Size(mm): 110*40*10.5mm
- Package: Gift Box ,and the dimension: 44.5*31.5*29CM
- Storage: Copy to the mini SD card or storage in mobile hard disk
- User interface: Using the Android system interface style
- Browser: Browse webpage(Opera,UCWeb,SkyFile,Dolphin)
- Online: Supports Video?TV?MOiVES?MUSIC?radio set.
- Office: WORD,EXCEL,POWERPOINT,PDF,TXT
- Game: Supports Built-in 3D Accelerated, Supports 3D Effect game
- Expansion: Google market up to more than 20,000 kinds of excellent software free download
- Application: Browse webpage?Network chat?e-mail?E-book?Resource management
- Audio Support Format: MP1,MP2,MP3,WMA,OGG,AAC,M4A,FLAC,APE,AMR,RA,WAV.
- Video Support Format: VP8,RV,AVS,AVI,H.263,H.264,VC-1,MPEG-2,MPEG-4, DIVD/DIVX, Real8/9/10, RM,RMVB ,PMP,FLV, MP4,M4V,VOB, WMV,3GP,MKV,ASF, 3G2M4V, MJPEG,RV10 ,1280*720P HD 30 fps,1080P,720*480 D1 30fps.1080p 1080P*30fps 1080P*60fps
- Output: HDMI 720P-1080P FUII HD 3D(up to 2160P,Resolution 3840*2160)
- FLASH Format: Supports flash11.1
- Music: Can be connected to the Internet, listen to music online
- Picture: Supports variety of image formats browsing(jpg?png?bmp…)
- DLNA: Supports DLNA function and Mobile phone Interactive
- Language OSD: Chinese ?Chinese Traditional?English?Arabic?German ?French?Italian?Spanish?Japanese, multilateral languages
- Android TV dongle
- 15CM HDMI cable
- USB cable
- User Manual
- Power Adapter
Finally, check out our other Cloudnetgo TV box Reviews
- Cloudnetgo CR19 TV BOX Review Cloudnetgo CR19 TV BOX Review By Android TV Box Review Cloudnetgo CR19 TV box has more than 2.4GHz + 5GHz band wireless speed. And it is the best choice for seamless high-definition streaming media, online games, and other bandwidth-intensive tasks. Bluetooth 4.0 integrates the three specifications, including traditional Bluetooth technology, high-speed technology, and low power consumption technology. Design: Cloudnetgo CR19 ... Read more...
- Cloudnetgo CR11S TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Cloudnetgo CR11S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Cloudnetgo CR11S TV Box Android 4.2 Quad Core Smart TV Box 2GB RAM/8GB storageUsed but boxed in perfect working order with brand new HDMI cable. It will be factory reset for you to set up as you like but the photos show what is available. Besides the processor ... Read more...
- Cloudnetgo CR18S TV Box Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review Cloudnetgo CR18S TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review CludnetGo CR18 TV Box is a stylish and aesthetically made with powdered aluminum housing in silver, inside of which is briefly mentioned at the beginning of SoC Rockchip RK3368 octa-core 64-bit Cortex–A53 processor which supports H.265 video playback in hardware decoding and output true 4K resolution video @ ... Read more...
- Cloudnetgo CR12 / CR13 / CR16 TV Box Review Cloudnetgo CR12 / CR13 / CR16 TV Box Review By Android TV Box Review Cloudnetgo CR12 / CR13 / CR16 TV Box from CloudNetGO equipment that assembles the SoC RK3288 with 2GB of Ram, Dual Band wifi (AP6330) and which we will soon analyze one in our Blog. This firmware is dated on 09-26-2014 and is based on ... Read more...
- CloudnetGo CR9S TV Stick Review, Reviewed By Android TV Box Review CloudnetGo CR9S TV Stick Review By Android TV Box Review CloudnetGo CR9S TV Stick is a Mini Android PC on a stick. For those who join us for the first time, these are super tiny PCs that you plug into your TV’s HDMI port in order to transform your dumb TV into a smart TV. As these sticks ... Read more...
The beta firmware is stable, and the device operation is smooth and stable. They did not experience random reboots and crashes.
The 2GB RAM improve the performance noticeably when opening many apps.
You can feel the performance of the device, as everything is very fluid.
CloudnetGo CR9S TV Stick with Rockchip RK3188 CPU
This is not the final firmware, so we’ll have to wait until the end of the month.
The beta firmware had some issues (not mentioned in the review…), and the GPU performance may be improved further.
The 3dmark benchmark could not run.